Adobe Audition Help needed right here...

the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
So I have been recording all my records in prep for getting an ipod (or iriver) and have been using audition to clean the pops and crackles and I just figured out how to use the noise reduction tool and it makes a huge improvement, but in the begininng and end of tracks i get a flange effect, so anyone know how to prevent that or fix it?

many thanx in advance

Comments

• I'm still using cool edit but isn't there a fill single click only button? select your stuff pop by pop and it will sound good.

• yeah i am not having problems with the pop and crackle reducer, iam having problems with the noise reduction feature, where i take a sample of just the sound of the vinyl without music and then it removes that frequency (or whatever it is) from the wave getting rid of all the background and surface noise (not crakles and pops, but the surface noise of the vinyl)

• oops, I read you wrong. No help here, except maybe brew a pot of coffee and mess around till it sounds right.

I always do a "remove subsonic rumble" and "60 hertz hum notch filter" and leave it at that.

• ok dude.

do not use the sound of dead space as a noise profile.

rather just sit the needle on the groove, still, and record that.

use that as a profile.

either that, or tweak that frequency spectrum to death, and only reduce the noise by 10-15dB

• ok dude.

use that as a profile.

either that, or tweak that frequency spectrum to death, and only reduce the noise by 10-15dB

i knew you would have an answer

so just put the needle on the record with out spinning the record, wow

cant wait to go home and try it

• ok dude.

use that as a profile.

i knew you would have an answer

so just put the needle on the record with out spinning the record, wow

cant wait to go home and try it

right on!

I want some jazz!