• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    that 'maybe' remix pharrell did was pretty dope

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    nice, when did this come out?

i wanna check it out.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    nice, when did this come out?

i wanna check it out.

hit me on the PM i can probably find you a link...

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    its decent- I was expecting more... perhaps if it were just the clipse and not the re-up gang

how does this compare to the first one? I never heard it...

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    i got this at cmj... clinton sparks needs to shut the fuck up so i can use this shit w/ serato.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    finally got around to listening to this and it is fucking awesome. re-up gang actually ain't that bad on this shit. you can tell these fuckers are still hungry and just want to put an album out.

anyone know if the instrumental from "what's up" (addicted to the game on all the other tapes i've seen) is available in any form? shits the hottest beat of this year

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    I believe the beat you're talking about is "Put you on the Game" By Timbaland for the GAME, right? There's a 12" out that has the instrumental.

-e

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    !!!
    fuck i knew that shit sounded familiar. thanks!!

• how was part one? I kept asking the dudes at Amoeba and they wheren't up on it.

• CLabCLab 76 Posts
    the triumphant return of roscoe p. coldchain.

dumb hot on the daytona 500 beat.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    if you like the clipse you'll probably like both of these mixtapes but vol 2 is

• the triumphant return of roscoe p. coldchain.

For real? I'm sold.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    how was part one?

Essential.

• I am a pretty big Clipse fan, but part 1 was a letdown. I think it was all the new dudes(Re-Up Gang) that made me a little dissapointed. the new dudes are cool and all...but just nowhere as dope as The Clipse. One big thing I like about Pusha and Malice are their voices. Their style is ill and the voices seal the deal. I just aint digging these other guys in the same way. Hopefully part 2 is doper than the first mixtape...either way ill have to head to the bootleg spot this week and give it a listen.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    I am a pretty big Clipse fan, but part 1 was a letdown. I think it was all the new dudes(Re-Up Gang) that made me a little dissapointed. the new dudes are cool and all...but just nowhere as dope as The Clipse. One big thing I like about Pusha and Malice are their voices. Their style is ill and the voices seal the deal. I just aint digging these other guys in the same way. Hopefully part 2 is doper than the first mixtape...either way ill have to head to the bootleg spot this week and give it a listen.

I actually really like the addition of Sandman and Ab-Liva. At first I was like "What the fuck?" but they've grown on me and fit the Clipse formula perfectly as far as I can tell. Their voices are a good ying to the brothers' yang.

-e

I actually really like the addition of Sandman and Ab-Liva. At first I was like "What the fuck?" but they've grown on me and fit the Clipse formula perfectly as far as I can tell. Their voices are a good ying to the brothers' yang.

I would agree. I could do with a little less of the one dude's "I _____ like _____ on 'em" cataloging (though some of that shit--"Sherman Hemsley / George when I stroll on 'em...Now that's Nirvana / Dave Grohl on 'em"--does come off in spite of itself), but I like the overall mixture. Liva and Sandman's voices don't pack the crying-diamond brutality of Pusha and Malice, but they make up for it with a more immediate depth. Most importantly, all four seem capable of pushing shit to achieve and maintain a certain density, which in my mind puts them a notch above still-dope-but-comparatively-stingy outfits like Dipset. Dudes rap. Like, a lot.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts

I would agree. I could do with a little less of the one dude's "I _____ like _____ on 'em" cataloging (though some of that shit--"Sherman Hemsley / George when I stroll on 'em...Now that's Nirvana / Dave Grohl on 'em"--does come off in spite of itself), but I like the overall mixture. Liva and Sandman's voices don't pack the crying-diamond brutality of Pusha and Malice, but they make up for it with a more immediate depth. Most importantly, all four seem capable of pushing shit to achieve and maintain a certain density, which in my mind puts them a notch above still-dope-but-comparatively-stingy outfits like Dipset. Dudes rap. Like, a lot.

Yeah dude, I completely agree. The 4 of these dudes are probably more lyricially complicated, clever, and--to use your word--"dense" (meaning something like "full" and "developed," not "difficult to understand" and/or "obscure"), than anybody right now. They're rappers' rappers. Gotta love it.

You have any idea what Sandman is moaning before he spits each of his verses? It sounds cool but I have no idea what the eff he's saying.

-e

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Gotta love it.

"dense" (meaning something like "full" and "developed," not "difficult to understand" and/or "obscure")

Yeah, that's what I meant--sorry.

You have any idea what Sandman is moaning before he spits each of his verses? It sounds cool but I have no idea what the eff he's saying.

That Mark Morrison-sounding "Heeeyyyyyyyy, yoo knoooooow" shit? I have no idea. Is that Sandman, though? Since it overlaps some of the vocals, I always assumed it was yet another Clinton Sparks anti-theft device.

• BELIEVEBELIEVE 257 Posts

Mark Morrison-sounding "Heeeyyyyyyyy, yoo knoooooow" shit? I have no idea. Is that Sandman, though? Since it overlaps some of the vocals, I always assumed it was yet another Clinton Sparks anti-theft device.

HA! this made my morning. although I think the proper terminology is "Mark Morrison-esque"

I need to get this mix.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    still-dope-but-comparatively-stingy outfits like Dipset. Dudes rap. Like, a lot.

FANY

• emyndemynd 830 Posts

That Mark Morrison-sounding "Heeeyyyyyyyy, yoo knoooooow" shit? I have no idea. Is that Sandman, though? Since it overlaps some of the vocals, I always assumed it was yet another Clinton Sparks anti-theft device.

I'm almost positive it's Sandman because it only happens right before his verses and sounds distinctly like him. It is pretty Mark Morrison sounding though, huh? Hilarious. I do really like when he says that shit though. It's like his Jadakiss-cackle/cough signature thingy.

I'd be willing to bet than anybody who has a signature cackle/cough/Mark-Morrison-moan is good at rapping.

-e

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    "dense" (meaning something like "full" and "developed," not "difficult to understand" and/or "obscure")
    Yeah, that's what I meant--sorry.

No need to apologize. I understood what you were saying but was simply clarifying for people who hadn't heard the mixtape. I didn't want them to think the lyrics and/or delivery was "dense" in a bad way but wanted to continue to use your word "dense" to describe the dudes because I felt like it was a particularly fitting word to use.

-e

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Hey Emil where can I get this ?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I believe the beat you're talking about is "Put you on the Game" By Timbaland for the GAME, right? There's a 12" out that has the instrumental.

-e

"put you on the game" inst