CBC/RCI records

davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
I know Nate Bizzo and Danno have been selling/trading these for a while but I just discovered Ron Proby-Evian (thanks aschrock) and I love this shit. Wondering what some other good ones are.

Know about Al Michalek, Bob Moses, Brian Barley, Roger Simard, any other ones I'm missing. What about Joe Sealy ? sunship ensemble / electric ninja ?

Hip me my brothers. I really dig this sound.

oh yeah which are the first covers: the city scape ones, transcriptions or the funky ones with the red and white covers ?

dave

Comments

• What about Joe Sealy ? sunship ensemble / electric ninja ?

Joe Sealy is a trio LP, nice version of Kenny Burrell's Chile Con Carne, and the Electric Ninja LP is

I got an extra of the Joe Sealy...

• check your PMs dave.

Here's a very cool article from an old Coda on CBC/RCI titles. It was a government-funded imprint whose job was to distribute canadian music. Basically they had to lose money sending copies all across the world, hence every other RCI title you see is an old radio station copy. You did used to be able to order LPs from them.... for $2 each.

http://sulley.dm.ucf.edu/~aschrock/temp/images/CBC-coda.pdf

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    yo dave, BIG cosigning in on the evian joint, I love that shit to, is there any joints in that same eletrfied fusionfunk style on that label, I dont know, I have two other ones thats not quite as hot, the dave shaw ten with some pretty cool ost versions and a lee gagnon that has a little bit funk to it but mostly prog jazzy...

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    What about Joe Sealy ? sunship ensemble / electric ninja ?

Joe Sealy is a trio LP, nice version of Kenny Burrell's Chile Con Carne, and the Electric Ninja LP is

I got an extra of the Joe Sealy...

whats that electric ninja all about ???

• yo dave, BIG cosigning in on the evian joint, I love that shit to, is there any joints in that same eletrfied fusionfunk style on that label, I dont know, I have two other ones thats not quite as hot, the dave shaw ten with some pretty cool ost versions and a lee gagnon that has a little bit funk to it but mostly prog jazzy...

I just sent your boy mdejean a spare ted moses I had here. Probably up your alley, one of the better ones.

• My favorites are the Electric Ninja (Aschrock? whats up?), Emile Normand, Billy Robinson (Danno What's Up?), Nick Ayoub, and of course the Al Michalek.

I got an extra copy of Ron Proby/Evian, Billy Robinson, Sadik Hakim, Dave Shaw, or Gary Hoelke if anybody needs it. All of these are money.

Danno/Aschrock whats up with trades?

• My favorites are the Electric Ninja (Aschrock? whats up?), Emile Normand, Billy Robinson (Danno What's Up?), Nick Ayoub, and of course the Al Michalek.

I got an extra copy of Ron Proby/Evian, Billy Robinson, Sadik Hakim, Dave Shaw, or Gary Hoelke if anybody needs it. All of these are money.

You've got my phone # and email...

• It's early and I'm somewhat not on "it". S'all one.

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    I have a copy of Ted Moses & the Mother Necessity Big Band's "More Than Ever" that I could trade.

hey nate what's the billy robinson like? haven't heard of that one.

• what's the billy robinson like? haven't heard of that one.

Has a nice head-nodding beat on the track "Quebec On My Mind", mellow jazz funk.

The rest is bop jazz stuff mainly. Quality record. I also have an extra copy of this I could be tempted to trade.

• Options
    No one likes the KAthryn Moses? There's quite a few names I've yet to see mentioned amongst the DJ/collector set (other than one DJ I know) - I beginning to wonder if they were a Canadian-only pieces???

K.

• Know the series of the LP you mentioned earlier but not the title....