mary jane hooper question

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
whats the difference between Power and Power-Pac labels?thanks y'all

Comments

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    are they supposed to sound different or something?

---

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    Power-Pac is a later pressing. no difference 'tween the two sonic-wise

• Same local NOLA label, just a pressing difference. I have seen different designs though

I have also seen Power label 45s with a design similar to this Power-Pac label

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    Same local NOLA label, just a pressing difference. I have seen different designs though

my Harper Valley's on Power are more of dark blue/green label- could be the lighting in your photos larry but maybe even two presses on power?

Still got a couple of those left if folks need one.

• Same local NOLA label, just a pressing difference. I have seen different designs though

my Harper Valley's on Power are more of dark blue/green label- could be the lighting in your photos larry but maybe even two presses on power?

Still got a couple of those left if folks need one.

I think you may be right. I scanned mine on a flatbed, and it's the same green that shows up in the pic. I think I've seen a pic of a darker label in the liner notes to some CD (I can't remember which now...)

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    yeah, mine is a darker label. may have a picture somewhere to post but can't find it now.

interesting... very interesting....

My copy of 'I've Got Reasons' is on a yellow 'Power' label, but the script is gothic like a couple 'Scram' label things I've seen.

about 5 years ago I was in a jazz dealers garage in Queens NYC, I noticed that he had about 10 or more full boxes of the MJH on Power-Pac gathering dust - with unsubtle technique I tried to make a move on 'em but got rebuffed...

---

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    with unsubtle technique I tried to make a move on 'em but got rebuffed...

---

haha.

unsubtle technique.

gotta work on that. but kind of hard to be subtle when you're asking to by 10 boxes of one tune.

with unsubtle technique I tried to make a move on 'em but got rebuffed...

---

haha.

unsubtle technique.

gotta work on that. but kind of hard to be subtle when you're asking to by 10 boxes of one tune.

I only wanted a couple boxes...

most stores & dealers will look at you funny if ya even try to buy 2 copies of a record.