getting the led out

TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
edited September 2005 in Music Talk
out of curiousity, when did y'all start listening to zeppelin?i've yet to run across a someone who hasn't been thru that 'phase' but i'm sure they exist somewhere.i was introduced to zep in the 8th grade by an angst ridden 10th grader.. he played 'gallo's pole' and i wasn't pressed. it wasn't until after high school (and after i realized there was more to music than hiphop) that zep made it into the rotation..

Comments

• 3rd grade. black dog was my schittttttt

4th grade. heard kasmir.

been a fan since

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    For whatever reason I never went through a Zep phase. In high school I went through the Beatles phase, the Pink Floyd phase, the Doors phase etc. I also never had an older sibling either so go figure.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    i've yet to run across a someone who hasn't been thru that 'phase'

Hi.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    mad hatters out there, 8th grade... smoking and drinking mr. pibb all night.

• Bumping Zep tapes in the 7th grade.

Tangerine is my joint

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

• 7th grade... and I tried to start a band called Del Challenger, but no one in my tiny school of less than a hundred played any instruments. Good thing because my guitar playing was terrible even though I looked super cool with a left handed Les Paul.

DJ Ferrari

• out of curiousity, when did y'all start listening to zeppelin?

i've yet to run across a someone who hasn't been thru that 'phase' but i'm sure they exist somewhere.

i was introduced to zep in the 8th grade by an angst ridden 10th grader.. he played 'gallo's pole' and i wasn't pressed. it wasn't until after high school (and after i realized there was more to music than hiphop) that zep made it into the rotation..

Started Rockin' Black Dog in 5th grade when my friend Chad put it on a tape for me. Stopped Rockin' IV from burnout in 1989. The only one I still have is Physical Grafitti, the best double-album in my collection.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    i've yet to run across a someone who hasn't been thru that 'phase'

Hi.

hey. so what's kept you from zep J?

• i've yet to run across a someone who hasn't been thru that 'phase'

Hi.

hey. so what's kept you from zep J?

unicorns

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Most overrated rock band evar. Now hit me.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    3rd grade... by 4th grade i bought every zeppelin tape released by atlantic and listened to them daily. I'm 27 now, so I guess that was about 17-18 years ago. I can still hum almost every guitar solo note for note.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    8th grade, 1990 I was a little metalhead buster until my guitar teacher put me up on Hendrix, Zep, and all that classic shit. i had my crappy box and my tape of Led Zeppelin IV trying to learn Stairway and shit.

• 5th or 6th grade. Unfortunately, back then I was more of a greatest hits type of kid, and only a lot later did I learn to appreciate their full albums.

• i fucking hate zeppelin and always have.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I'm not really into them. I own Led Zep 3 & that's it. No phase. My Dad is the biggest Zep head who ever lived though - probably why I've resisted.

• I've honestly never had a major Zepplon phase. I dig their songs when I hear them and I think I own one or two fo thier albums, but Ive yet to sit down and listen to one all the way through. Am i really missing out?

My girl makes fun of me for getting into their songs when I hear them. Says their too dramatic.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Black Dog is the first pre-80s rock I can remember liking, probably about '88

Starting taping my dad's LPs a year or two later

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    out of curiousity, when did y'all start listening to zeppelin?

I was 14 years old, and Black dog used to be the official soundtrack for every surf championship the tv would show at that time.
    I really loved that song and when I received my first salary, at 15, I bought that ZOSO lp, which was the first record I ever bought.
    I dug Zep for about 10 years, then started to listening to other type of music.
    Nowadays I can??t listen to anything rock related.

Peace

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    what is all this crazy talk going on here???

don't you know the game is the led zeppelin of rap. for all yall ingnint folls that dont know...led zeppelin was this rock dude that traveled the world and fucked mad bitches.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Flemingdon Park ??? 1981 ??? my friend, Irving James??? older brother was the first person to expose me to hard rock. He was into Rush, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Ted Nugent ??? that kind of stuff. I already liked AC/DC, couldn???t really stand Geddy Lee???s voice and I think Ted Nugent was too much for my young brain. Led Zeppelin I loved and have ever since.
    Irving was my best friend and I didn???t really have any girl-friends then but wasn???t really aware of it until my dad picked me up from Irving???s birthday party and asked where the other girls were. I realized I was the only girl at the party. The party had comprised of listening to Irving???s brother???s records, opening presents, eating cake, play-fighting and playing street hockey behind his building.
    Can I tell you another Irving story? We had a ravine behind the school and in the winter we all would take a running start and then go whipping down on our feet or by sitting on tattered pieces of cardboard. It wasn???t really toboganning seeing as it was more a small incline and not an actual hill. Well, Irving hit a piece of ice on one of his runs and tore the back of his leg open from the behind his knee up to under his butt. It was intense seeing his blood-soaked pants - he actually walked to the nurse's office! It was the first time I got that sympathetic tingly feeling you get in the same body part as the hurt person.

Sorry for going on like that.

Yea Led Zep #1.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

i know jimmy page gets knocked for 'stealing' the blues.. but no one could out rock bonham.

• i fucking hate zeppelin and always have.

"I Hate Led Zeppelin"

robert plant is a slimy fuck john bonham man,
    he really sucked those greedy fuckers, those
    phoney shits they made their money off idiots
    i hate led zeppelin 12 dollar concerts were all the rage
    they bought cocaine for jimmy page "stairway to heaven"
    makes me see red bonzo's buried, only three more left
    i hate led zeppelin

I like this screaching weasel song, but I like led zeplin too. Is that so wrong?

• When I was 12, in 1974...
    I stopped listening to Zeppelin in my early 30's...*
    I started again a few years ago.

*The more original blues I listened to, the more I realized how much Zeppelin stole. It was making me sick...

It was the first time I got that sympathetic tingly feeling you get in the same body part as the hurt person.

Is this a common occurrence?

I've never experienced this feeling

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I blame Led Zep for this:

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts

I??ll disagree on this, cos?? The Beatles are the most ultra overrated rock band, ever.

Peace

*The more original blues I listened to, the more I realized how much Zeppelin stole. It was making me sick...

Eh, you can say this about anything

It may have been more obvious with Zep but no more offensive IMO]

Hell, I was noticing how much the VU stole from Bo Diddley recently... still think they're the GOAT though

• *The more original blues I listened to, the more I realized how much Zeppelin stole. It was making me sick...

Eh, you can say this about anything

It may have been more obvious with Zep but no more offensive IMO]

Hell, I was noticing how much the VU stole from Bo Diddley recently... still think they're the GOAT though

Which Bo Diddley songs did the VU record and retitle (taking writers credit)?