Help with a Rap Track!!!!

DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
This was recorded off of Saginaws Power 107. We have been trying to find out what this track is for years. WE know THe Jaz is on it and thats about it. It is only a short clip because The Boogie then mixes into another song. PLEASE HELP! Unknown

Comments

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    really? no one?

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    sorry i didn't reply to your pm, i meant to run through some of my jaz tapes and see if i could find it.

all i know is the "Jaz is.." part was cut in on "look out" off his first album. so i think it's safe to say that this record pre dates word to the jaz. in other words, probably raer.

sorry i don't have a more detailed answer, i'm hardly a jaz expert.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    sorry i didn't reply to your pm, i meant to run through some of my jaz tapes and see if i could find it.

all i know is the "Jaz is.." part was cut in on "look out" off his first album. so i think it's safe to say that this record pre dates word to the jaz. in other words, probably raer.

sorry i don't have a more detailed answer, i'm hardly a jaz expert.

no its all good. Yes, I should ahve stated everything that you said. I was aware of the sample that was on "look out" which is what CONFIRMED that it was The Jaz. Before that I was thinking it could have been someone else.

This has been a thorn in sides for a while.

• Here you go...
    FRESH GORDON - I Believe In Music TOMMY BOY 1987[/b]

Fresh Gordon aka Gordon Williams. Jaz featured on this track.
    He had 2 singles out. And later worked with the Mystidious Misfits.

12" - "The "Fresh Commandments"/My Fila" 1985 TB882
    12" - "Feelin' James"/"I Believe In Music" 1986 TB901

Fresh Gordon also appeared on the Choice MC 12", "Beat of the Street/Gordy's Groove". TB871
    Which has a dope cover featuring some ghetotblasters,

But there was a Jaz solo on Tommy Boy who released a ballady track that i never bought. Circa 87. So I can't even remember if it was the same one. Though it probably is.

Now someone answer my question goddammit... I thought people had the knowledge up in here...Sheesh..
    Return the favour Please....
    http://soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=451036&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=7&fpart=1

Thought I'd check for you & yes, they are all on Ebay at the moment.