are you a closet brit pop fan?

2»

Comments

• i have seen more parties light up to pulp's 'common people' than just about anything else ever. fucking incredible song.

most everything else in this thread is pretty bad though. i can't believe people can seriously listen to tricky. or oasis or fucking SUEDE ... jesus

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

more slept on stuffs, newer experimental folk psych electronic

Twisted Nerve got that crak.

i can't believe people can seriously listen to tricky. or oasis or fucking SUEDE ... jesus

Beleeedat! How can you hate on Tricky? He's like 1 musical chromosome away from a lot of those punk funk noise bands you mentioned, haha.

• How can you hate on Tricky?

i don't know, i just look at my keyboard the letters kind of press themselves.

No touchtyping?

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    "bullet to the head kid what you know bout skill kid"
    haha, that's a line by tricky on the "brand new you're retro" track off maxinquae..it was a diss towards rage against the machine's zach de la rocha. that may be one of the oddest little tidbits of info i know.

for those hating on the brit pop, i know you have closet tunes you're afraid to admit to, so start off a "closet telvin cambell appreciation" post

• more slept on stuffs, newer experimental folk psych electronic
    Twisted Nerve got that crak.

what is this?

headz are not knowing the deal

• happy mondays....step on and bob's yer uncle were my shit!

http://www.twistednerve.co.uk/

Mr. Andy Votel and Badly Drawn Boy's label. Excellent stuff. Highly recommended. British but not Britpop.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    where's cosmo at?

Right here, dog. You know how I get down. Ain't no closet involved.

• badly drawn boy has some cool shit as well....

remembering a couple...
    longpigs...they had tune where dude sounded like jeff buckley

oh and Ash rocks! they had a tune called "Jackie Chan" and "goldfinger"

i think there's a group called powder finger too...

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    It's a sorry state of affairs that I haven't even listened to his last album. From what I've heard it's a poor imitation of his earlier sound. He kinda lost me around Angels With Dirty Faces anyway. Always though that Martina's contribution was underrated.

Christian Sands is a great track, and Bad Dreams used to blow me away, shit I'm going to have to dig out my copy right now.

man...this thread totally made me listen to my old tricky 12"s. I have the tricky kid 12" which is cool but the Tricky Extremix of Makes Me Wanna Die is a little too much, but Tricky Kid is a dope song... and the Hell ep...which I really really really dig. Hell Is Round The Corner is a fuckin dope dope track.

doesnt martina bird have second album? i liked her first...and somewhat related, how was beth gibbons from portishedzknowthedeal solo effort?

• martina topley bird did put out another LP. she also sang "into the sun" on diplo's record Florida, it's a really beautiful track.

did anyone ever pick up the jarvis cocker (pulp) record as Relaxed Muscle? i heard one song, it was distorted indie-dance type stuff.

• http://www.twistednerve.co.uk/

Mr. Andy Votel and Badly Drawn Boy's label. Excellent stuff. Highly recommended. British but not Britpop.

Votel has some nice shit. Turned me on the Vampires of Dartmoore on one of his comps. As far as Brit pop goes, I'd have to co-sign on Stone Roses, and add Jesus + Mary Chain - Honey's Dead and Automotic are classic pieces...

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    how was beth gibbons from portishedzknowthedeal solo effort?

beautiful record, its nice and mellow.