who's not funky ?

Strider79itStrider79it 1,176 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
....no matter what the general opinion says:I wouldn't describe their playing as "funky"Billy CobhamJohn PattonCharles Earlandothers ?

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts

• Charles Earland not funky? I challenge you to a duel. It's not funk but the man is funky.

• mario merola is not funky

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    Annie Ross is not funky,

but she does have "that zing".

• his solos are more like fusion and his rhythm chops are more towards rock.....

despite the "Dynamite Brothers", if you pay attention you can see how is his playin is never "on the 1"

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    james last?

• Charles Earland not funky? I challenge you to a duel. It's not funk but the man is funky.

his solos are more like fusion and his rhythm chops are more towards rock.....

despite the "Dynamite Brothers", if you pay attention you can see how is his playin is never "on the 1"

• james last?

he is not funky but john schroeder can be

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    james last?

yep, schroeder indeed!

You are most definitely listening to the wrong stuff...

• Henry Mancini never tried to be funky

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    james last?

working in a soul mine

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

not funky

means ?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Henry Mancini never tried to be funky

Wrong again.

Do some homework, bro....

• he tried his best to act funky

Wrong again.

]

Woah! Keep your Eye On that Sparrow.

Wrong again.

"that" is not funky .....same as John Barry......

You took the words right out of my mouth.

• his majesty King Funk

• Billy Cobham

i think this is funky

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    Henry Mancini never tried to be funky

Wrong again.

means ?

and

and

and

and

etc etc etc...

• I'm fan of his......I have all his rackords ..... and so I can tell his chops are recycled from one record to another ......

I'm talkin abt his use of phrasing on the keys

......I'm not talkin abt the song he played onand that symphonic soul is not funky

you guys are weaks

• I'm fan of his......I have all his rackords ..... and so I can tell his chops are recycled from one record to another

You're

• Annie Ross is not funky,

but she does have "that zing".
    Strange that you mention her.
    I just rented 'Short Cuts' the other day. I really like her take on 'I don'T know you' !!!

strange but interesting flick btw

• I'm fan of his......I have all his rackords ..... and so I can tell his chops are recycled from one record to another ......

I'm talkin abt his use of phrasing on the keys

......I'm not talkin abt the song he played onand that symphonic soul is not funky

you guys are weaks

of course abt the last sentence : I'm kidding

• For instance this :

this is a good example how Charles earland playing is NOT funky

• For instance this :

this is a good example how Charles earland playing is NOT funky

Like I said....