Grope in Germany...

DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
plaese to holler at me. i'm planning a trip to deutchland and i need to ask you some stuff and things.

tomdelay at gmail dot com

Comments

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    email sent!

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    yo grope, you know that fantastic party record???... caught me by surprise, totally spacedout and funky krautpsych something, serious german heat, cant wait to spin this one for my crew, they will most definitely flip,... cover looks like schlager cheese, but the music.... daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!!!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    yo grope, you know that fantastic party record???... caught me by surprise, totally spacedout and funky krautpsych something, serious german heat, cant wait to spin this one for my crew, they will most definitely flip,... cover looks like schlager cheese, but the music.... daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!!!

uhmmmm, THAT fantastic party record?!?!?!?! Don't know. Is it a Jazz record? Schlager? Who's playing. Hit me on the PM if you're anxious to post...

Never heard of a "fantastic party" album. Where did you find it? Do you Danish guys find lots of German music? Cause I never see any Danish records over here.

I'd like to know more about a fantastic party rekkid.

uhmmmm, THAT fantastic party record?!?!?!?! Don't know. Is it a Jazz record? Schlager? Who's playing. Hit me on the PM if you're anxious to post...

Never heard of a "fantastic party" album. Where did you find it? Do you Danish guys find lots of German music? Cause I never see any Danish records over here.

I'd like to know more about a fantastic party rekkid.

grope, its a german killer!!!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

btw, i'm currently looking for schlager Jazz. There're some German heaters yet undiscovered. Forget about James Last! I repeat: FORGET ABOUT JAMES LAST!!!

I have yet yet to find an all funky one though. Sucks that I'm totally broke at the moment. I tend to see some heat, but can not buy! No credit cards accepted at my local stores

Do you Danish guys find lots of German music? Cause I never see any Danish records over here.

thats because theres like 1 million more german records than danish

• And I've been having problems tracking one down even here in Germany!
    Dope shit, for sure! You're right, the cover might fool you, but not the grooves!!!
    One tune has been comped on this kraut demons thing real stream of the comped track
    Hope you're not mad or anything but this aint no secret (since quite a while )

Btw grope, drop me a mail too! We kinda lost contact when you were having these netproblems and shyte.

• you might want to ingore the strange shit they play after the fantastic party one

thats the one, staff carpenborg and the electric corona (who ever that is???)

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    you Eerie Daily or something from vinylvulture?

my internet is all fixed now!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    sheeeeeesh. the music is maaaaad decent. i kinda lost track of my schlager files. don't know if i've ever seen it. will keep an eye out. thanks a lot.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    Forget about James Last! I repeat: FORGET ABOUT JAMES LAST!!!

Wax Poetics take on 'dope' James Last records

listening to the clip, this is far from any of the real heat this record has, this is just some psych noodling...

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

yes, i know. one reason why i stopped buying wax poetics. anyone need the first four issues? NM? plus a wax poetics sticker? NM?

i really do hate james last! even his so called funky records are shiiiiiet!
    anyone with that many recorded albums would have been funkier at times!!! he recorded thousands and thousands of records. no wonder his band got funky on one or two occasions.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    hmmm, i like these all european posts. us strutters still at work or sleepin'

yes, i know. one reason why i stopped buying wax poetics. anyone need the first four issues? NM? plus a wax poetics sticker? NM?

i really do hate james last! even his so called funky records are shiiiiiet!
    anyone with that many recorded albums would have been funkier at times!!! he recorded thousands and thousands of records. no wonder his band got funky on one or two occasions.

with james last its a couple of drumbreaks and thats it (as far as I know...)

would like to see the cover of that les humphries on was it karossel or h??rzu ?

• noodling????
    thats the shummy track and its ILL!!!!!
    they dont play it long though... let me see, I think I have a snippit
    check it!
    not the best quality, but hey. I didnt make it

noodling????
    check it!

that was sideA shummy is the last on side B

but yo no discussion those jams are dope!

• cd-r pls, I still have no copy

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    noodling????

check it!

Yikes! Hot hot hot. Sounds like a mixture between Vampires Of Dartmoore and Vampyros Lesbos Sexedelic!

• Oh man, the Fantastic Party record is discovered and exposed on the internet! I had a copy years back and traded it for some soundtracks in the hope to find a new one soon. Turns out that record is one of the really hard German records to find.

This was one of the few records I traded it against. Nothing to be ashamed of too. One of the few very good Kaempfert records IMO. Another one was the EP soundtrack to "Es" by Hans Posegga. That's one of the first German Neue Welle films and it's about abortion (hence the title?).

Do you guys know Horror Charlie? I found this single and it's terrific.

cd-r pls, I still have no copy

so its rare... its on the maritim label,... Im pretty sure its a schlager label

• She ripped a Janet

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    cd-r pls, I still have no copy

so its rare... its on the maritim label,... Im pretty sure its a schlager label

radio dramas is what they did. kiddie records and so on.

• @ Grope

Yo, I'v send you a personal mail. Please check it.

Yes Maritim is a schlager lable, but also it was a h??rspiel lable, they made children records with told storys. Those children lables like Maritim or Europa did some nice budget records. On Europa you got the "Jeff Cooper and the Stoned Wings" record called "Tribute to Jimi Hendrix". Ugly cover, but some nice songs. Originaly it was recorded in England. The same goes for "Animated Egg" on Europa. Public Enemy sampled something from that for one of there last good songs "Are You Gonna Go Our Way". Fantastic Party is, as far as I know, the one and only nice record from Maritim. The rest of the catalog is very James-Last-like

Peace

Hawkeye

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    The James Last "Hair" record knocks. Don't hate.

-e

• Is James Last the German version of Sergio Mendes?

The James Last "Hair" record knocks. Don't hate.

-e

yeah it has some moments, blame that on galt macdermot too, theres actually quite a few nice hairs outthere, we should have a hair thread one day, that music must have been covered on close to a 100 different releases maybe more...?