psych jazz

2»

Comments

• Hippy jazz-rock. I can't believe this album is in demand. To each his own, but zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

How can you not get Air? That's a fantastic album. When I played "Mr. Man" this afternoon on the show I got a half-dozen calls and as many emails; people like that track and for good reason--it's fantastic.

• Spleen, yeah. Good album. But I was wondering why people always refer to the group as Spleen, that's just the title; the group's name is The Sound Of Feeling:

or are we talking about a whole different record?
    While we're on the subject of Limelight Records, what about this one:

And co-sign on The Soft Machine. "Out-Bloody-Rageous" has been in heavy rotation for the last couple of weeks.

i did not know that. now that i see it i've seen that one with leonard feather before.

taking notes vigorously. i'm still after that maad record.

and yeah guzzo i have checked out those iliad records, wasn't really feeling them though.

• Well, the one heatrock I got was a killer find -- Children of All Ages Might Turn Out to Be Sages -- thanks to davesrecords.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Attached files

• Just got this recently, although with only half the gatefold intact. Lionel Bart, with arrangements by JOhn Cameron on Deram. Very hard to classify - an interesting piece of zeitgeist, def. a cross-pollination of psych-jazz.

what year?

1969. It almost seems like it was for some theatrical play. Here's an audio snippet:

Into the Looking Glass

that shit is dope. sounds like nick drake on acid.

• Vertigo Trifecta

The Brave new World lp is

just looked up that brave new world on popsike. guess that's another one for the ole pipe dream pile.

The Brave new World lp is ...

I'll try to up some mp'3's if anyone wants.

yes please.

Here you go...
    Brave New World-Alpha Gamma Delta

Bonus. Krautrock w/ heavy horns...

Alcatraz-Where the Wild Things Are

Here's another vertigo lp on the psych jazz tip.

• I suppose I should mention Red Beans & Rice, but their Epic album sucks. Maybe Peter Ivers' album on the same label? I don't know.

• What's the verdict on this album?

Does it match up to the freaky cover? (NICE SHOES, BILL!)

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    Vertigo Trifecta

just looked up that brave new world on popsike. guess that's another one for the ole pipe dream pile.
    and that cover is fuckin

Vertigo Trifecta

and that cover is fuckin

Goes along perfect with the music.

• co-sign on that manfred mann chapter 3 record

that 'the seven' record is pretty cool too.. i like the zombies cover on there

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

twisted record. I like!

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Hippy jazz-rock. I can't believe this album is in demand. To each his own, but zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

How can you not get Air? That's a fantastic album. When I played "Mr. Man" this afternoon on the show I got a half-dozen calls and as many emails; people like that track and for good reason--it's fantastic.

I get it, I just don't like it. And with all the hype here, I really tried to like it. I just thought it sucked. Glad you enjoy it! Glad dealers can make bank on it. Really glad I sold mine.

• The Brave new World lp is ...

yes please.

Here you go...
    Brave New World-Alpha Gamma Delta

Bonus. Krautrock w/ heavy horns...

Alcatraz-Where the Wild Things Are

that alcatraz shit=