"The most controversial rap album of the year"

Comments

• ...does not appearing to be doing much damage saleswise:

http://www.billboard.com/bb/charts/rap_albums.jsp

"yeah in your face Little Brother, HA HA! I've been waiting all week to pull your fuckin collective cards."

I was talking about the notoriously controversial Bow-Wow, you poptart.

I doubt it. Hatter .

• My homegirl who works for ABB (*blech*) told me that BET said "The video is too intelligent for our viewers, they won't get it".

if this is true...WOW

• My homegirl who works for ABB (*blech*) told me that BET said "The video is too intelligent for our viewers, they won't get it".

if this is true...WOW
    Doesn't shock me. BET aren't known for programming anything on their station that will enrich the viewers' mind.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    ...does not appearing to be doing much damage saleswise:

"yeah in your face Little Brother, HA HA! I've been waiting all week to pull your fuckin collective cards."

I doubt it. Hatter .

"We kill you motherf**kin ants with a sledgehammer..."

You mad?

My homegirl who works for ABB (*blech*) told me that BET said "The video is too intelligent for our viewers, they won't get it".

if this is true...WOW

King Moist's "industry insider gossip" has been widely circulated on the internets--I think it was posted over at hiphopsite.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts

I doubt it. Hatter .

You mad?
    whats that line from? cant think of it

I doubt it. Hatter .

You mad?

"The takeover/ the break's over..."

• whats that line from? cant think of it

takeover

duh

takeover

duh

Chill dawg, he didn't have time to Google it.

• Chill dawg, he didn't have time to Google it.

yeah things are max hectic at the_mack's pad, mom's hosting a candle party

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

My homegirl who works for ABB (*blech*) told me that BET said "The video is too intelligent for our viewers, they won't get it".

if this is true...WOW
    Doesn't shock me. BET aren't known for programming anything on their station that will enrich the viewers' mind.

UNCUT

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I'm still not clear on what "The most controversial rap album of the year" is...

if this is true...WOW

UNCUT
    Uncut will enrich your penis

• I'm still not clear on what "The most controversial rap album of the year" is...

I'm still not clear on what "The most controversial rap album of the year" is...

I need to work on clarity in my posts. Actually, Ninth is helping me with that.

why is 50 still on the charts?
    who's still buying that?
    is he the best selling rap album of the year?
    is mariah the best selling?
    will kanye's sales top 50's?

why is 50 still on the charts?

The album was re-released w/ a DVD last week.

who's still buying that?

People who are impressed by such things.

So far.

Not looking likely with the way Kanye's have slumped off.

So far.

my faulty short memory can't conjure up any other big rap releases this year. that means 50 tops all. i'm a little surprised at this, since
    a) the album was not good
    b) his "buzz" is not nearly as big as it was when 'get rich' came out
    c) he seems to have gone crazy and lost favor amongst the people. his line, "i can't go commercial, they love me in the streets" doesn't ring true anymore.

• I am amazed they've sold a million records (well not really, but...) as I do not know a single soul who has bought one.

Yeah you do, Maybe U Really Should get to know your friends better.

Herm

if this is true...WOW

King Moist's "industry insider gossip" has been widely circulated on the internets--I think it was posted over at hiphopsite.

don't test my contact list . Pinky.

my faulty short memory can't conjure up any other big rap releases this year. that means 50 tops all. i'm a little surprised at this, since
    c) he seems to have gone crazy and lost favor amongst the people. his line, "i can't go commercial, they love me in the streets" doesn't ring true anymore.

Nobodys really touching 50/G-Unit's sales/popularity-wise right now... nobody gives a shit if he's gone commercial, they just wanna dance...

I've still not heard The Massacre but I despise most of the singles

why?

Nobodys really touching 50/G-Unit's sales/popularity-wise right now... nobody gives a shit if he's gone commercial, they just wanna dance...

I've still not heard The Massacre but I despise most of the singles

The album is better than the singles--all of which are awful and were clearly targeted towards the ladies--would lead one to believe.

Btw, I dropped a package in the mail to you yesterday.

Honestly, I'd assumed Kanye was the most controversial rap album of the year...

why?

He had a weaker first week than Fifty, and then he experienced something like a 65% dropoff in the second week--he's not gonna get to ~4.5 million like that, especially since I don't hear any other obvious singles on the album.

That's been the topic of discussion at OKP for the last three weeks. Thus, that makes everything they play right now "fairly dumb", more or less.

I want to hear someone say on 106 & Park, live on air, I'm going to dumb this for you all one time. No, all the time. Yo DJ Fisher Price, play with your feet, MUFALAKAS!

Honestly, I'd assumed Kanye was the most controversial rap album of the year...

In the real world.

I was being tongue-in-cheek and referring to the controversy that hiphopsite and other members of the online community have attempted to stir up by claiming that the Little Brother album was "supposed" to get 4.5 mics from the Source and an XXL from XXL.

It's clearly not a very controversial album if the buying public is almost wholly unaware of it.

• It's clearly not a very controversial album if the buying public is almost wholly unaware of it.

• It's clearly not a very controversial album if the buying public is almost wholly unaware of it.

I was going to say something, but here's a graphic instead: