"The most controversial rap album of the year"

faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
...does not appearing to be doing much damage saleswise:http://www.billboard.com/bb/charts/rap_albums.jsp

Comments

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    what album would you be speaking of?

I hope its not that LIttle brother.

I bought it and enjoy it quite a bit, but controversial? NO>

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    no gold yet?

• what album would you be speaking of?

• yeah dog that back eyes peas is slippin

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    can somone please explain how the rap charts are compiled differently from the billboard 200. what i mean is Black Eyed Peas outrank Jeezy, Yayo, 50 and Jim Jones on the 200 list, but are ranked lower here. how does that work?

also damien marley is quite clearly not a rap artist. [color:white]neither are the black eyed peas/FONT>.

• Little brother came in at 56... as of 9.18 (soundscan sales)

• Just started listening to welcome to jamrock on the way to work....

The master is back is my SHIT

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    can somone please explain how the rap charts are compiled differently from the billboard 200. what i mean is Black Eyed Peas outrank Jeezy, Yayo, 50 and Jim Jones on the 200 list, but are ranked lower here. how does that work?

I've wondered the same thing...

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    [color:white]neither are the black eyed peas/FONT>.

http://www.indigoimage.com/secretmsg/images/smm.gif" alt="" />

Little brother came in at 56... as of 9.18 (soundscan sales)

they are too intelligent.

• Little brother came in at 56... as of 9.18 (soundscan sales)

lol

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

paging industry insider johnny paychecks

• ScottScott 420 Posts
    I need to pick up that new DJ Quik.

• can somone please explain how the rap charts are compiled differently from the billboard 200. what i mean is Black Eyed Peas outrank Jeezy, Yayo, 50 and Jim Jones on the 200 list, but are ranked lower here. how does that work?

paging industry insider johnny paychecks

I think it has to do with radio format - ie, BEP does better than other artists when one considers top 40, rock radio, alternative, etc. all of which play BEP. But if you track urban/hip-hop/r&b, BEP doesn't get that much play

I am amazed they've sold a million records (well not really, but...) as I do not know a single soul who has bought one.

There is really only one listener in all of the continental United States with the intelligence to fully appreciate their content.

His name is Reynaldo.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    I need to pick up that new DJ Quik.

i was a little let down by it. the interviews had him hyping it up as some sort of dramatic departure from everything he's ever done when it's just like the last few quik records funnelled through 2001 dr. dre lenses. plus it's a lot of that new school quick-does-suga-free-style-gibberish-fast-rap. i mean it's got some joints on it, but i was expecting something revolutionary.

btw, i dunno if i properly thanked you for those richie rich mp3s in the other thread. so if not. thanks!

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Its nice to see quik, jim jones & paul wall on that list. I thought the Kanye was supposed to be the "Most controversial" lp?

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    damn Paul Wall debuted at number 1 on the hot 100!!!!!! thats fuckin wild, i dont even think Mike Jones debuted at 1, did he?

There is really only one listener in all of the continental United States with the intelligence to fully appreciate their content.

His name is Reynaldo.

ha!

• Let me introduce the ID drum system...

I imagine that DJ Quik wore a white lab qoute during the entire production process of his album...

Havent heard it yet, but he was talkign soem rpetty big talk...

Even if it aint all that (the single was TERRIBLE) it wont discount him from being one of the top west coast dudes, ever.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    I do not know a single soul who has bought one.

DISCONNECTED FROM THE STREETS

• IM guessing that millions of moms are picking their sons up from Priv. School, BEP blasting from their luxury minivans

IM guessing that millions of moms are picking their sons up from Priv. School, BEP blasting from their luxury minivans

there is a lady at my work (white, late 30's LOVES country, drives a mini van etc..) who asks me nearly everyday if I have any Black Eyed peas.

You get the new BEP yet? No

• I do not know a single soul who has bought one.

DISCONNECTED FROM THE STREETS

And while I do this, I am wearing a polo rugby. Yep, the same rugby that Bush and his relatives wear while vacationing at Kennebunkport.

• IM guessing that millions of moms are picking their sons up from Priv. School, BEP blasting from their luxury minivans

there is a lady at my work (white, late 30's LOVES country, drives a mini van etc..) who asks me nearly everyday if I have any Black Eyed peas.

You're a better man than me because I would have been lost it...

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    also damien marley is quite clearly not a rap artist.

Is that another one of those "urban" pegs? He's black so we'll put him the the rap section????

I don't mind BEP being on a rap list as long as they are getting spanked by the "real shit".

The only person I know who owns BEP has a 12 year old.

• Is that another one of those "urban" pegs? He's black so we'll put him the the rap section????

That's exactly[/b] what I was thinking.

• ...does not appearing to be doing much damage saleswise:

http://www.billboard.com/bb/charts/rap_albums.jsp

"yeah in your face Little Brother, HA HA! I've been waiting all week to pull your fuckin collective cards."

My homegirl who works for ABB (*blech*) told me that BET said "The video is too intelligent for our viewers, they won't get it".

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    [color:white] white lab quote[/color]

...does not appearing to be doing much damage saleswise:

http://www.billboard.com/bb/charts/rap_albums.jsp

"yeah in your face Little Brother, HA HA! I've been waiting all week to pull your fuckin collective cards."

I was talking about the notoriously controversial Bow-Wow, you poptart.