No more Hip Hop or not enough???

DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
Well there's a little more to it than what's in the title of this thread but why can't some artists put out another album, ep or even single... Some people we don't want to hear anymore (true), but some we do (at least it would build curiosity to would what Rakim would do)... Besides him I know there's others... I guess I'm partially on this rant cuz I ain't feelin what I'm hearin' - so its like what's left to listen to??? I cop other genres (of course) but c'mon, hip hop/rap is the alltime fav. Thinking about this more this morning, it seems that since music is so accessible it doesn't seem so long lasting (doesn't leave as much of an impression), and I think this is true for every genre, but especially rap music. Is it cuz I've grown up? Is it cuz of the Internet? Is it cuz rap music is so over expoited ? Is it because I've heard all the stories from slangin rock to stick up kids to flossing to crunkin to bitches & ho's to dookie ropes to jacobs - that its nothing new........? Or is it everything? I guess it just seems like there isn't that consistancy either with the music. Then again, I've built up a solid collection of my favorite rap records (past & present) and can hear me some Gangstarr ('real shit'), 45 King, DITC, Bahamadia, Cookie Crew, BDP, PE, Outkast, Native Tongues, Common, Kanye, Ohmega Watts, etc. whenever I want..........? So is there anything else to get??? This has kinda been buggin me and I'm sure its on the minds of others... But what's your take...

Comments

• Cookie Crew???? Try pop that junk off in Northeast London and you might not live.

• But seriously.... there's lots of exceedingly good production been put out in the last ten years, I just can't stand 99% of the raps. Most flows sound the same to me, and constantly talking about being a player/baller/businessman is zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. The average Biz Markie rap is 100 times smarter/funnier/more interesting. From about 95 to 2000 I was buying so much hip hop just for the instrumentals that I eventually realised where the real dope was at - diggin for the dusty og shit. So, I can thank Jay-Z, Jah Rule, Dirty South etc for that, and it works out cheaper for me.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

"FUCK HIP HOP"