getting closer to god (tight situation related)

roistoroisto 879 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
reuters.com:DeLay Says Scrutiny Has Put Him 'Closer to God'WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. House of Representatives Majority Leader Tom DeLay described himself as "closer to God" on Tuesday as a result of intense scrutiny of his ethical conduct.DeLay, who has denied any wrongdoing, said President Bush has voiced support, along with conservative groups and fellow House Republicans -- and that he has no intentions of giving up his leadership job."People see this for what it is," DeLay, who has accused Democrats and their allies of trying to topple him and the House Republican majority, told Fox News Radio's "The Tony Snow Show."According to a transcript of the interview released by Fox News Radio, DeLay was asked how the recent scrutiny has affected him?"Well, it certainly has gotten me closer to God," DeLay said. "You don't like seeing this and it hurts your family. It hurts your staff.... But, you know, we're not going to take it. We're fighting back."DeLay, in a message e-mailed to supporters last week that was first made public on Monday, offered his version of "the real story."DeLay was admonished by the House ethics panel last year on three separate matters involving what critics say were strong-armed political tactics.In recent weeks, DeLay has been confronted with questions about ties to lobbyists, foreign trips funded by outside groups and use of campaign funds.Two House Republicans have suggested DeLay should step aside for the good of the party. Other Republicans, including former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, have said he needs to explain his actions to the country.In his e-mail to supporters, DeLay said he has never been found in violation of any law and that the admonitions from the House ethics committee were not a "sanction.""It should come as no surprise that following the 2004 election-year attacks on the President that the Democrats, their syndicate of third party organizations (Common Cause, Public Citizen, Move-On, etc.) and the legion of Democrat-friendly press would turn their attention to trying to retake Congress," DeLay wrote."It is abundantly clear that their fundamental strategy revolves around attacking me and working to tear down Republican leadership," said DeLay.

Comments

• rookrook 357 Posts
    fuckin a. the man's right at least. swine little people tryin mr. delay

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    you just mad cause i'm getting press.

• "Well, it certainly has gotten me closer to God," DeLay said. "You don't like seeing this and it hurts your family. It hurts your staff.... But, you know, we're not going to take it. We're fighting back."

FUNK WEAPONS?

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    "It is abundantly clear that their fundamental strategy revolves around attacking me and working to tear down Republican leadership," said DeLay.

Tom Delay private mind garden revealed:

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Complete and total asshole.

• nice post title....he ain?t a crook son

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    He just a shook one...

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

this cannot be stressed enough

• I hope he isn't trying to stay aligned with the conservative right long enough to make a bid for da pres. that would be a tad disturbing.