Philly radio question

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
I'm trying to transcribe some lyrics and the MC (who's from Philly) shouts out "sneaking in and listening to Dr. Rockin' Dallas on the PM on weekends" (this is, I assume, a '80s or early '90s reference)

I'm not positive he's saying "Dr. Rockin Dallas". The "doctor" part is clear and "Dallas" seems pretty clear too but I can't find any info on a DJ named Dr. Rockin' Dallas. Is it Dr. Rock and Dallas?

Can one of our many Philly heads clear this up?

Comments

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Nah, that doesn't sound like anybody from Philly that I've ever heard of. Do you have a soundclip so I can hear exactly what's being said? Maybe if I heard it then I (or Cos or Ray or somebody) could tell you who they're talking about.

• matamaticmatamatic 488 Posts
    How about Dr Rock and Dallas ??????

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    How about Dr Rock and Dallas ??????

Why are you so excited about this ??????

• matamaticmatamatic 488 Posts
    I have no idea what they are talking about. Just thought I'd make a suggestion. I also have no idea what YOU are talking about.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I have no idea what they are talking about. Just thought I'd make a suggestion. I also have no idea what YOU are talking about.

Oliver already made that suggestion in his initial post; I was referring to the way you repeated Oliver's suggestion and added sextuple punctuation... seemed like you were pretty excited about it. No big deal.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Phill and others - here's the verse in question:

http://o-dub.com/sounds/soulsides/days.mp3

(It's the Mountain Brothers' "Days of Being Dumb")

• Phill and others - here's the verse in question:

http://o-dub.com/sounds/soulsides/days.mp3

(It's the Mountain Brothers' "Days of Being Dumb")

He may be referring to Dr Rocx who put out 12s on the Slice label.