PAEAN - AN ACT/INTER-ACT COMMUNICATION

girgir 329 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
PAEAN - AN ACT/INTER-ACT COMMUNICATIONunknown location, unknown dateunknown (p); "The Association of British Secretaries in America Ltd. (ABSA)" (vcl). a. Introduction (Carl Menkel) b. To Thomas J. Watson (Carl Menkel) c. To C.A. Kirk (Tune: "Carry Me Back To Old Virginny") (Carl Menkel) d. To J.L. Barton (Tune: "Oh! Susanna") (Carl Menkel) e. To F.W. Nichol (Tune: "Home On The Range") (Carl Menkel) f. Paean (Tune: "Sweet Molly Malone") (Carl Menkel) g. Ever Onward (Carl Menkel) h. Hail To The I.B.M. (Carl Menkel) i. To Thomas J. Watson (Tune: "Auld Lang Syne") (Carl Menkel) j. (The) I.B.M. Country Club Song (Tune: "Annie Lisle") (Carl Menkel) k. Land Of Hope And Glory (Carl Menkel) Note: (1) ACT apparently stands for the "Advanced Computer Techniques Corporation" and INTER-ACT is listed as "a wholly owned educational subsidiary of ACT." (2) Thomas J. Watson (Jr.) was president of IBM from 1956 to 1971 (he died in 1993). F.W. Nichol, served as Vice President and General Manager, C.A. Kirk as Executive Vice President and J.L. Barton as Resident Manager, Endicott Plant probably around the same time. (3) Hard to say whether this mercifully brief sing-along album is a joke or serious (yes, the words seem to take it all very seriously). But it is apparently a late 1960s attempt to return "high company (IBM) spirit in industry." Absolutely none of the usual Skye traits are in evidence here. Issues: a-k on Skye SKI P-1 Producer: Ralph Stout (A Skye Production)(via http://www.dougpayne.com/skye.htm#PAEAN)anyone else know anything about this?