Minnesota This Weekend, any records over there ???

DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
Everyone always posts on here asking where the dope stores are for digging. Well, I will be in Minnesota this weekend and what I want to know is where the private dealers are? They have already done the digging for you! All you have to do is see them and grab the goods. Are there any dope stores there? I don't mind getting dirty and spending the whole day to find a record for $1 that I need or would end paying a few hundred for. That is what digging is all about but the private dealers usually have the serious stuff...................................What about any antique malls, flea markets etc. Blaxploitation movie posters, sneakers, vintage or ultra modern space age furniture, vintage equipment. This is the stuff I'm lookin' for!

Comments

• JKrissJKriss 167 Posts
    Where all r u gonna be?

JKriss

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    theres plenty of shops in St. Paul and Minneap. if nothing else. There was a cool one that closed down in Duluth a few years back unfortunately. So you're right, you're gonna have to hit the dealers for heat, of which I think there are a small handful, but I don't know any names. Lots of good psychedelic LPs from Minnesota.. good luck.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Everyone always posts on here asking where the dope stores are for digging. Well, I will be in Minnesota this weekend and what I want to know is where the private dealers are? They have already done the digging for you! All you have to do is see them and grab the goods. Are there any dope stores there? I don't mind getting dirty and spending the whole day to find a record for $1 that I need or would end paying a few hundred for. That is what digging is all about but the private dealers usually have the serious stuff...................................

What about any antique malls, flea markets etc. Blaxploitation movie posters, sneakers, vintage or ultra modern space age furniture, vintage equipment. This is the stuff I'm lookin' for!

Hit Treehouse on Lyndale and 26th(the former rock ghetto) and say hi to Mark T. for me! Seriously, he always has some new used stuff on the floor(or at least that's how it used to be--been a year or so) and he's mostly rock, punk, blues, so a lot of interesting things CAN slip out cheap.

The Cheapos are also nice but are pretty solidly picked over, hit the new release bins and you mau come up.

Roadrunner on Nicolet and 46th(I think) is good too...ask John the owner if you can check out the basement(keeps a lot of his record show shit down there)-another rock and punk 60s psych dude(very good people) who knows his stuff, but can let go of stuff at good prices.

And downtown, hit Let It Be Records across from the new Target downtown, what, like 9th and Nicolet? Somewhere in there. They have good stuff 3/4 of the time, too much house stuff last time I was there.

Saint Paul, hit Earl Root(the Root of all Evil)'s Root Cellar on Snelling near Minnehaha. Down the street from Hamline U.
    My personal fave in St Paul. LOTS of records. Another rock dude(METAL and Zappa), but Earl knows his shit. Nice store.

that's all. Where ya spinning?
    PM me if you need any more MN info. I lived there loooong time and would be happy to tell ya what I remember.

• JKrissJKriss 167 Posts
    Root cellar actually closed down a couple months ago. And no disrespect but treehouse's records are generally overpiced. I guess i dont know about rock and all that but as far as soul/funk most anything that is even half-decent is 25+. however he does let sum go for good prices, jus depends on when u go.