Jug Band vs Beatboxing

DIGGADIGGADIGGADIGGA 456 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
any cats in here holdin any jug band records?this is real for real let me know!!!

Comments

• Go back to the twenties and thirties for that authentic jug band flavor (Memphis Jug Band, for starters). The Yazoo label has reissued several jug band records from this era, including a pretty good various-artists CD called Ruckus Juice & Chittlins. Check out their catalog.

Personally, I'd avoid any later jug bands, like Jim Kweskin's - most modern-day jug bands (i.e., anybody from the sixties onward) can't pull it off, and come off cornier than they intended.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    13th Floor Elevators???

electric jug

---

• authentic jug band flavor
  • BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Go back to the twenties and thirties for that authentic jug band flavor (Memphis Jug Band, for starters). The Yazoo label has reissued several jug band records from this era, including a pretty good various-artists CD called Ruckus Juice & Chittlins. Check out their catalog.

Personally, I'd avoid any later jug bands, like Jim Kweskin's - most modern-day jug bands (i.e., anybody from the sixties onward) can't pull it off, and come off cornier than they intended.

holy shit. Im pretty amazed at this legit reply to a jug band inquiry.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    Washboard is what's really crackin.

• Go back to the twenties and thirties for that authentic jug band flavor (Memphis Jug Band, for starters). The Yazoo label has reissued several jug band records from this era, including a pretty good various-artists CD called Ruckus Juice & Chittlins. Check out their catalog.

holy shit. Im pretty amazed at this legit reply to a jug band inquiry.

Don't forget Cannon's Jug Stompers...

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    Washboard is what's really crackin.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I can't believe this is even a question...

• Washboard is what's really crackin.

and if you wanna go THERE, washboard willie was actually a one-man band...didn't he do "i need $100?" no, that was one-string sam...