Aliens Appreciation (Movie-Related)

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited September 2005 in Announcements
It's on TBS right now. Ends at 3am. I can't stay up for that but goddamn, this was a good fucking movie.Recognize.

Comments

• word. and this guy should get his own appreciation post:

• Yeh, I just watched Red Dawn, which crushes Aliens like a puny little bug.

• Damn I love the aliens movies. Ripley in her panties getting out of hibernation... That's what I'm talkin' about.

And Vasquez... don't even get me started.

Peace...
    FNM

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    i have the box set of all of them. the last one was the worst - but i have to admit to really liking all of them. i can't think of anyone who has come close to being as kick-ass as sigourney weaver in these films. even when they did the typical thing they do to action female roles - making her a mom - she was a clear-thinking hard-ass all the way as opposed to turning into a sobbing mass.

the first two are as beautiful as that genre can get.

very co-sign.

• do not get me started on this franchise - SFA (so fucking AWESOME!!) What is also great about these, is that each one was directed by a relatively newcomer who went on to bigger and better things:

Alien: Ridley Scott
    Aliens: James Cameron
    Alien 3: David Fincher
    Alien Resurrection: Jean-Pierre Jeunet (I guess he's the exception since he had already done Delicatessan and City of Lost Children before this)

• And Vasquez... don't even get me started.

this series is so fucking on point. im not even a big sci fi person but this shit was timeless.

vasquez was indeed my girl. michelle rodriguez reminds me of her, but sexier.