College Radio shows

kemskems 120 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
sup people, i'm trying to put together a list of college radio shows that play "underground hip hop"(or any radio show that plays "underground hip hop") in order to send them some music for a label that my crew and I have started. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• reskresk 391 Posts
    i do a radio show here in Tallahassee, FL called "the underground railraod" (yes its a generic name but the show has been going on for about 15 years and i dont have the heart to ever change the name)....WVFS Tallahassee, 88.5FM, Saturdays from 5-8PM

hit me up on email or whatever, [email]carloswpalacios@hotmail.com[/email]

also, id advice you check a college charting site, and check the people on their panel (what college dj's are charting to their charts) like rapattacklives.com. this will give you a good idea of who you can send promo material to. Im not sure if they charge to get info from their panel or what, but i recieve most of my promo material thru labels who get my info from places like this.

hope that helps, hit me up if you got any other questions.....peace, research

• reskresk 391 Posts
    http://www.rapattacklives.com/panel.htm

thats a list of people who chart to them (id say rapattacklives.com is the main spot for charting 12"s). you might have to contact them to find out how you get mailing addresses, etc

also, as some advice, ask for feedback, follow up and offer interviews, drops, etc. this builds better relationships with radio dj's and causes a better push of your material......peace

• kemskems 120 Posts
    word up resk! I appreciate you pointing me in the right direction. I will definitely be in contact with you to send you some material. Peace.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    It's been a few years since I lived in Boston, but Emerson College's radio sation, WERS, has a long history of great underground hip-hop.

Boston College radio, WZBC, has had dope shit too, but the programming has been more scattered at different hours, different days of the week etc. Not as much of a constant.

All we got here in B-more is Morgan State and it kinda blows from what I've caught of it. I miss good college radio, but the trade off is that we have much much better commercial radio here. I can listen to D-Train, Chubb Rock or Rod Lee at lunch instead of Aerosmith, Alanis Morrisette or Aerosmith.

• kemskems 120 Posts
    thanks erewhon it is much appreciated.

• puppup 133 Posts
    I have one. Called "Soul Fu" online at www.uclaradio.com tonight (wednesday) 6 to 8 pm. Send me a pm and I'll give you an address.

• kemskems 120 Posts
    yo pup check your pm's