INTRODUC at 125+ posts

d_wordd_word 666 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
I'm 125 posts deep - so allow me to introduce myself -* not my pic!I live in Vancouver and I work at a newspaper covering city politics and other work to pay the rent. In the past I lived in Toronto (last summer - and nearby growing up), and London, England for a year. I've lived in other so. Ontario cities too. Right now I'm tryna make my real world moves and decide whether to stick with journalism or continue along some experience in development and NGOs. I'm 27 now - and I grew up on hip-hop. Years back I also got real serious wit jazz too, and played drums in a few groups. These days I'm down with whatevers happening in hip-hop, but also got deep with afro, latin and soul around ten years back. (I'm sure like alot of y'all) I hosted some radio shows in the past: a jazz one, and a hip-hop one for two years that began to open up to even more music like what's talked about here. Right now I'm stickin to rockin' house parties!Much of the music I heard in the last while came from names dropped around this site. BO! BO! BO! I heart the music posts and the posts about raccoons and arguments over whether or not sharks are fun.

Comments

• welcome d, you came to the right place, peace, stein. . .

• Thanks Stein!

I saw UD a few years back in Toronto! PEACE!

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    sup puppy d word? I'm 28 and I enjoy long walks on the beach. I'm drinking Becks currently and I also love threads about dumpster racoons.

holler

• HA HA

I'm eatin a mooncake givin to me by my elderly neighbour upstairs. Also, after reading the latest issue I just decided I am going to subscribe to Mass Appeal Magazine.

I'm also admiring the "I'm only 28" lady from the skin moisterizer commercial.

I am also thinking about making homemade ice-tea - something I started doing after reading the ice-tea appreciation thread a few weeks back. PERHAPS.

• HA HA

I'm eatin a mooncake givin to me by my elderly neighbour upstairs. Also, after reading the latest issue I just decided I am going to subscribe to Mass Appeal Magazine.

I am also thinking about making homemade ice-tea - something I started doing after reading the ice-tea appreciation thread a few weeks back. PERHAPS.

DUDE !!!! I made Ice Tea today too. What a weird world.
    Welcome aboard from one newbie to another.

Heard Y'all are talkin' 'bout Ice-T up in this Bitch !![/b]

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

I'm eatin a mooncake givin to me by my elderly neighbour upstairs.

excellent introductory post, your fine city is one of my favorites

say hi to Victoria Island next time you're there

cheers,

M

Anyone else down for a coast to coast Canada trip in 2006???

• Thanks Stein!

I saw UD a few years back in Toronto! PEACE!
    word you from the t dot. you know my man abdominal? or drunkness monster?
    peace, stein. . .

• Abdominal is dood. The album he had with DJ Fase was fresh. The two of them had (have?) a killin' live show too: routines, hype crowd, live mixing on the chorus, the whole deal. Fase is a great DJ that puts together one of the best hip-hop radio shows and I've met him many times. He's still on CIUT on Friday nights with Serious I think. Don't know Abdominal personally though.

I know the name Drunken Monster - I know he plays around - but I don't think I've heard or met him before.

I've been living in Vancouver for two years - but am headin' back to Toronto to see some famalam and peoples in a few weeks. I'll check the announcements for Toronto events during that week!! I'mma bout ready to check some s.s. affiliate shits!!

And peace Vagabond and Latency! All y'all got an official invite to come up here!