Common the Gangster Disciples

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
I was reading the Source and they had a write up on Common's "4 Corners" single. His caption showed him throwing a hand sign attributed to the Gangster Disciples. Any word if he's affiliated. I know he lost some street cred on his Electric Circus CD, but I didn't expect him to try this hard to get some street cred back.

Comments

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
    I did see Common and Gang Starr here in Cali, dang hecklers!

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    4 Corner Hustlers was the gang he rolled with.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    4 Corner Hustlers was the gang he rolled with.

"But mostly Hyde Park hoes is who he'd fuck wit'..."

• SexyBNyceSexyBNyce 371 Posts

home of the original gangbangers-but aint nobody shot.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    that song is called "Corners", not 4 Corners.

• that song is called "Corners", not 4 Corners.

And wasn't the big selling point of Resurrection (according to an ad at the time) that it contained "No Guns, No Bitches, No Bullshit"? I don't think that Com was ever bangin' like that.

"What I look like, talkin about some shit I ain't do?
    I ain't shoot nobody I ain't shank nobody
    I ain't kill nobody, it wasn't us it was THEM!"

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    that song is called "Corners", not 4 Corners.

And wasn't the big selling point of Resurrection (according to an ad at the time) that it contained "No Guns, No Bitches, No Bullshit"? I don't think that Com was ever bangin' like that.

"What I look like, talkin about some shit I ain't do?
    I ain't shoot nobody I ain't shank nobody
    I ain't kill nobody, it wasn't us it was THEM!"

ah but to quote "Tha Bitch in Yoo"

"...you backed into a 4 corner hustler..."

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    I just need to know if the beat is that Temprees joint...

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts

If you're talkin about Bitch In Yoo, you need Brian Auger and Judie Driscoll.. Street Noise or whatever its called.

• ah but to quote "Tha Bitch in Yoo"

Next you'll tell me that Cube was a Tree Top Piru.

If you're talkin about Bitch In Yoo, you need Brian Auger and Judie Driscoll.. Street Noise or whatever its called.

nah meaty, the drums on "The Corner"

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

No the Tempreeees is the chords that come in towards the end of the loop. The voice says "Your love"

"You Make The Sun Shine In My Life" is the cut. Super dope sweet ballad. I tried unsuccessfully rocking this beat, and I passed it to another producer too (who couldn't do anything with it either). Hate that!

No the Tempreeees is the chords that come in towards the end of the loop. The voice says "Your love"

"You Make The Sun Shine In My Life" is the cut. Super dope sweet ballad. I tried unsuccessfully rocking this beat, and I passed it to another producer too (who couldn't do anything with it either). Hate that!

hmmmm...

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

The Temptations.

The Temptations.

"Aint No Sunshine" ?... hmmm, gotta go home and give those a listen... I was thinking it was "Explain It To Her Mama." Thanks.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

The Temptations.

"Aint No Sunshine" ?... hmmm, gotta go home and give those a listen... I was thinking it was "Explain It To Her Mama." Thanks.

It's The Temptations - "What it is" off the "Solid Rock" lp.

The Temptations.

It's The Temptations - "What it is" off the "Solid Rock" lp.

aight I got it now, same lp, different song...

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    A HREF=http://anonym.to/?http://s18.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1MLN8D6DKO80P2GCJUW27TE9WD>Here's the Temprees song, found it on my hardrive from somewhere. Enjoy./A>

Links dead Q, I was thinking, if Philly meets Boston in the first round, and you through up some joints on eBay, you'll have to bring back the parquet floor!... those were the good ole days... Bob McGrath selling for like $50... Odetta like $50...