themack drumming

TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
heres a little 40 second clip of me busting out a fat beat. i like it because my drums sound like fuckin megaton bombs exploding PHAT BEATS

Comments

• the frantic run to turn off the camera is

what drums are you using?? wanna get me a kit.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    pretty dope pattern, my favourite part was the fast hihats at 23 secs!

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts

the frantic run to turn off the camera is

yeah, that overshadows the drumming.

• nice chops...

are those your brother's friends "symbols" still?

edit to add quotes and real headz

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    It looks like a terrorist drummer video

• WHAT YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS HEAT?[/b]

(I'm talking 'bout breaks, dog... BREAKS that make you get that FUCK FACE on!)

(The kind that make you "Ugh" all over your lap!)

(Jump up! Wanna fuck yourself-kinda Breaks, yaom?)

• the frantic run to turn off the camera is

yeah, that overshadows the drumming.

want trying to diss at all. twas a sick performance.

• heres a little 40 second clip of me busting out a fat beat. i like it because my drums sound like fuckin megaton bombs exploding
    PHAT BEATS

respect mack, that's pretty dope. i can't place the drum pattern you are copying though (i've heard it somewhere).

i know how hard it is to drum, it's not that easy.

• that was cool.. the distortion added to it's level of ness

• Not bad man, I figure we are about the same level on a kit.
    Drums are fun as fuck. I miss having a space to play. Ah well.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    mack, i want you to remember one thing.

even if every mofo in this thread told you "givie it up, you have no business doing what you are doing", TAKE COMFORT IN THE FACT that you are doing what you indeed love to do. always remember in life no matter what you do, a million people will support you and a million people will be against you. NEVER take what people say on the net as gospel. the fact that you bothered to record yourself doing ish, means u take it seriously. that means that u will always take the art seriously, so therefore, keep doing what u do. you will encounter criticisms, that is up to you to take them into consideration or just keep doing what u do. i would take them into consideration if they help u evolve; if they're just there to shut u down, phuck them, let them be critics for the rest of their lives while u be proactive.

peace
    -aliendn

• I expected to see a shirtless picture of themack, male bonding in a drum circle. Thank god I was wrong.

• not bad man, not too much rushing, a little fast on the fills, but it sounds pretty good dude. And you're right, that recording sound is nice and bangy. I'm assuming that's straight video camera mic?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    love that frantic running

• You should record them drums cleaner, post 'em and we'll have another Soul Strut Beat Making contest. Seriously.

• Yeah, that's dope son. Keep at it.

• You should record them drums cleaner, post 'em and we'll have another Soul Strut Beat Making contest. Seriously.

• 'Bouche: Is that Shellac? If so, ill just say this: Bob Weston is the meanest bass player around.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    thanks all for the compliments and pointers. this was just me bangin out a quick beat for the camera, wasnt tryin to do anything tricky.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    more plaese

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    will try and record some more tomorow

• mack, i want you to remember one thing.

even if every mofo in this thread told you "givie it up, you have no business doing what you are doing", TAKE COMFORT IN THE FACT that you are doing what you indeed love to do. always remember in life no matter what you do, a million people will support you and a million people will be against you. NEVER take what people say on the net as gospel. the fact that you bothered to record yourself doing ish, means u take it seriously. that means that u will always take the art seriously, so therefore, keep doing what u do. you will encounter criticisms, that is up to you to take them into consideration or just keep doing what u do. i would take them into consideration if they help u evolve; if they're just there to shut u down, phuck them, let them be critics for the rest of their lives while u be proactive.

peace
    -aliendn

Pray every night! brush your teeth every day! Dont talk back to your parents! Always keep your dreams alive! Set your eyes on a goal and accomplish it!

Does anyone else remember that inspirational music video type deal that hul;k hogan had way back?

• heres a little 40 second clip of me busting out a fat beat. i like it because my drums sound like fuckin megaton bombs exploding
    PHAT BEATS

Proper.

• re-up plaese. link's acting up.

• Options
    this was just me bangin out a quick beat for the camera

Seriously, sounded tight . Better audio would help next time.

K.

• Options
    For some reason the link to the file on yousendit isn't popping up for me.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    That was

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    mack, i want you to remember one thing.

peace

-aliendn

Pray every night! brush your teeth every day! Dont talk back to your parents! Always keep your dreams alive! Set your eyes on a goal and accomplish it!

Does anyone else remember that inspirational music video type deal that hul;k hogan had way back?

hahahaha I think it was "I Am a Real American" or something

Mackenstien - shit was and those kick drums towards the end were extra

I need to film myself (after I practice drumming again) one of these days

• autezautez 404 Posts

what drums are you using?? wanna get me a kit.