Hollywood's Ralphable Offenses:Elijah Wood as Iggy

2»

Comments

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Young Iggy Pop looked beyond the fucking grave though

eggzactly. kevin bacon already got that lean athletic junkie body. iggy pop seems to have been born with it. plus, dude is great at playing greasy

gyllenhaal's face actually looks it i admit

At a party the other night some old rocker was talking about how buff Iggy got, and I was just like "Dude he's always been that way, easy to look buff when you have zero body fat and your veins are buldging." (no ayo)

• UMADUMAD 187 Posts
    http://news.softpedia.com/news/Elijah-Wood-to-Play-Iggy-Pop-7418.shtml

Elijah Wood is tired of being called ???Frodo??? everywhere he goes and tried to pick up parts that could change his LOTR image.

The 24-year-old actor, who can be seen in ???Sin City???, has landed the role of a young Iggy Pop in a new movie but he's terrified about portraying the outrageous punk icon.

Seriously...wow...that's a bad fucking look.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

ran into him in LAX. dude said he was a huge stone's throw fan. nuff said.

yeah, he dj's a night somewhere in LA and i've heard he doesn't have a bad taste in music. good for him. but that doesn't take away from the fact that he comes off like an annoying tinkerbell

• yeah, he dj's a night somewhere in LA and i've heard he doesn't have a bad taste in music. good for him. but that doesn't take away from the fact that he comes off like an annoying tinkerbell

for real. just look at this picture.

can you imagine him saying "I wanna be your dog" and rubbing peanutbutter all over his junkie body? he is the anti-freak

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

can you imagine him saying "I wanna be your dog" and rubbing peanutbutter all over his junkie body? he is the anti-freak

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! worst mental image eVAR!!!

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! worst mental image eVAR!!!

Maybe if he uses method acting and spend a year on smack sleeping in central park!

• you can give this guy a drug problem, a sexy past, tattoos, long hair and even give him a friend like flea - but he still reeks of jock to me.

DEFinitely.

what do i know? this is my crush of the moment:

Jarmusch has a weird otherness to him, right??

If skinny is your thing, why not cast christian bale? Give him a year and he'll slim down to nothin. Plus he could be good.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

Jarmusch has a weird otherness to him, right??

If skinny is your thing, why not cast christian bale? Give him a year and he'll slim down to nothin. Plus he could be good.

i am telling you - dudes with thick arms and thick necks are not my thing, but beefcake bale in batman is fire in the loins material.
    skinny yea - but he's got this heaviness to him, whoever plays iggy has got to be more...i don't know...buoyant? does that make sense?

jarmusch is hot to me because he makes great films, he's a smart dude. i like his mouth and i like his brain and his crazy hair. i saw him do a Q&A for Coffee and Cigarettes and he's a ham! tells a really story, is funny and no pretensions and loves to go on and on.

kinda like i'm doing right now.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts

can you imagine him saying "I wanna be your dog" and rubbing peanutbutter all over his junkie body?

• I don't hate on this guy. Sure it will take a lot of make-up -- and a lot of "method" (maybe even some meth) -- but I can see him pulling off Iggy Pop (it will probably be a shit movie regardless; biopics are a tough sell). Sure, he looks fruity in some of those pictures, but such is the case of being a public figure; you're bound to look like a tool in at least a few red carpet shots.

I actually think he's a decent actor. While, he only had to display about three emotions in L.O.T.R.'s, he did a decent job looking happy, scared and evil. I also thought he did a good job in "The Good Son," "Ice Storm" and "Eternal Sunshine" (I love that part at the beginning with Jim Carrey, where he's like "Can I help you..."). And he was sufficiently creepy (granted he was already cutting people up) in "Sin City." I wouldn't write him off just yet. He's only 24.

• I don't hate on this guy. Sure it will take a lot of make-up -- and a lot of "method" (maybe even some meth) -- but I can see him pulling off Iggy Pop (it will probably be a shit movie regardless; biopics are a tough sell). Sure, he looks fruity in some of those pictures, but such is the case of being a public figure; you're bound to look like a tool in at least a few red carpet shots.

I actually think he's a decent actor. While, he only had to display about three emotions in L.O.T.R.'s, he did a decent job looking happy, scared and evil. I also thought he did a good job in "The Good Son," "Ice Storm" and "Eternal Sunshine" (I love that part at the beginning with Jim Carrey, where he's like "Can I help you..."). And he was sufficiently creepy (granted he was already cutting people up) in "Sin City." I wouldn't write him off just yet. He's only 24.

Sorry dog, this dude is a poor actor at best. It boggles my mind how he keeps getting so much work.

• i've seen this fool dancing up a storm at Starshoes while Cut Chemist was djing.

He really needs a beat down and to grow another foot.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    I can only hope aq movie like this :

a) is so atrociously BAD that it's entertaining

b) Iggy and the Ashtons get some green out of Hollywood.

To carry any expectations beyond these is folly.

I mean seriously....

• And he was sufficiently creepy (granted he was already cutting people up) in "Sin City." I wouldn't write him off just yet. He's only 24.

believe me, i really want him to prove me wrong but he is such a goofy lil dude. and honestly, i think the reason why he made that role work in Sin City is because they didn't give him any lines. Once hear dude's voice you woulda been like "sounds like a hobbit." it woulda ruined the magic

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    hasn't anthony kedis done acting ?

POINTBREAK

absolutely HILARIOUS haircut[/b]

"dude"

• And he was sufficiently creepy (granted he was already cutting people up) in "Sin City." I wouldn't write him off just yet. He's only 24.

believe me, i really want him to prove me wrong but he is such a goofy lil dude. and honestly, i think the reason why he made that role work in Sin City is because they didn't give him any lines. Once hear dude's voice you woulda been like "sounds like a hobbit."

Good point. I'm going to shrug my shoulders and give (not much) of a compliment: He's better than Macaulay Culkin.

I'm waiting on the long, boring, awkward, drawn out, trippy, Michael Mann-directed biopic of Brian Eno. Just a fantasy.

• pknypkny 549 Posts

From this pic, he'd just have to grow his hair out a little, and he'd be my top choice of playing the lead singer of Creed in a movie.

But Iggy? Pffffttt.

• he would need butt-chin implants