Besides the NFL Library records are their...

MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
Besides the NFL Library records are their any other dope football records on wax, do tell, please...

Comments

• Goldrush... but you got to be a Niners fan to appreciate.

• There's a kpm with the monday night football theme extended version...

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    There is the football shaped "Football Rap" record on brown vinyl. Saw it at Muro's crib. Shit looks crazy!

Hi Mango! Didn't the Patriots do a football rap record as well? Mybe it was in the 80s at some point.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Dude you live in SD area, grab yourself a copy of that Hi-five LP from the early 80's

Kellen Winslow and the rest of the defensiove lineman from the charges rocking the modern soul.

YOU WILL GLOW

• yeh this record is dope. we have or had that on the site... i think it got swooped up real quick.

• It ain't football but I've got a pic sleeve 45 of the The Tall Boys (Tree Rollins, John Koncak, Cliff Levingston and Kevin Willis ) doing a rap version of "Hugs Not Drugs." Something only a die-hard Atlanta Hawks fan could understand or love.

• jon koncak on a rap 45? damn i need this.

• jon koncak on a rap 45? damn i need this.

It's about what you'd expect.

• The fridge perry rap record.. I don't know if that counts.

I saw a Bobby Joe Edmonds (seattle seahawks) record a few weeks back while digging. Also, I have this OJ Simpson 45 that was put out by the boys and girls club. He says stuff like "kids don't have a fighting chance without a good club".

I saw a Bobby Joe Edmonds (seattle seahawks) record a few weeks back while digging. Also, I have this OJ Simpson 45 that was put out by the boys and girls club. He says stuff like "kids don't have a fighting chance without a good KNIFE".

• I know a few members of the Chargers had a record...

Someone also told me the Washington Redskins put out a 12" in 81 called "Redskins Rap"...can anyone confirm this?

I saw a Bobby Joe Edmonds (seattle seahawks) record a few weeks back while digging. Also, I have this OJ Simpson 45 that was put out by the boys and girls club. He says stuff like "kids don't have a fighting chance without a good KNIFE".

Yo Chan, I got the OJ doll with an old knife from a old GI Joe figure.

• LewisLewis Connecticut 101 Posts
    This one right here

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

yeh this record is dope. we have or had that on the site... i think it got swooped up real quick.

I have yet to meet someone my age from Chicago who doesn't claim to have a copy of this in their parents attic. They sold at least 500,000 of these, I always assumed that they're common as Sayers in Chitown.

See my ish, #8

Another example of a dope team, crummy record is the '84 Niners:

NFL Films did use a lot of KPM material in their highlight reels, definitely worth checking out old episodes on ESPN Classic or NFL network. Also, I think they only put it out on CD but Rhino records did a pretty cool NFL Films retrospective with lots of vocal narration from the original NFL films voiceover guy, John Facenda.

"The Autumn Wind is a Raider..."[/b]

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

• Besides the NFL Library records are their any other dope football records on wax, do tell, please...
    I found 2 copies of The National Football League - The First 50 Years on Columbia with the red label. I thought it was doubles but they are different even though they have the same name so I guess there was a series. They have some nice nfl/library style music on them. Most of it is in the background but both of them play outro music that's pretty funky.