Quakes

mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
Yo I am in Northern Nv and just felt a mean quake for us!....all the Bay heads O.K.?

Comments

• A microearthquake occurred at 8:06:26 AM (PDT) on Friday, September 16, 2005.
    The magnitude 2.6 event occurred 14 km (9 miles) S of Dayton, NV.
    The hypocentral depth is 0 km (0.0 miles).

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    A microearthquake occurred at 8:06:26 AM (PDT) on Friday, September 16, 2005.
    The magnitude 2.6 event occurred 14 km (9 miles) S of Dayton, NV.
    The hypocentral depth is 0 km (0.0 miles).

Cool....Everytime I feel the earth shake out here...I am worried we are getting the run offs from a larger Nor Cal quake..We are right over the hill from Tahoe. Man this Katrina ish has got me paranoid!

• I felt nothing, but thanks for asking.

Oh, and goooooood mornin', Josh! I thought about you today 'cause I had a toasted bagel with salted/peppered tomato and cream cheese. Say hi to Baby B for me.

• I'm with you, I've been doing some online earthquake research...it appears the area where I live has a higher chance of "liquifying" into the bay in a large magnitude shaker. Weak.

• errry...

Pepper is gooooood.

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    I felt nothing, but thanks for asking.

Oh, and goooooood mornin', Josh! I thought about you today 'cause I had a toasted bagel with salted/peppered tomato and cream cheese. Say hi to Baby B for me.

yeah you guys wouldn't feel a 2.6. I work right outside of Dayton but am from Cali and have been in a few quakes. The whole office was shaking here.

• edubedub 715 Posts
    I'm with you, I've been doing some online earthquake research...it appears the area where I live has a higher chance of "liquifying" into the bay in a large magnitude shaker. Weak.

anyone watch that program on KRON the other day about faultlines?... I think it might have been a re-broadcast from a few years back.

they showed how the various faultlines in the Bay Area run right through neighborhoods and such. Some houses are literally being torn in half, because it straddles a fault.

They also showed how Bolinas basically has been sliding north after having originated as a landmass in Santa Cruz!!

That show was really dope