MPC guys : What does a Q link slider do?

BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
Seriously. the 4000 has like 6 of them. Does anyone really use them other than to trim sections on a sample? lemme know!

Comments

• I've never used those period, but I know a lot of dudes swear by them. I think the main thing is that you can control pitch, velocity etc in real time. But personally, I just program that stuff. Honestly that thing kind of frightens me and i stay away from it. Every time I mess with it, everything gets all changed up. I stay away. Beware the qlink slider..............

• naw man, the slider is your friend! It's basically a midi control. You can control all kinds of parameters in real time: filter, pitch, velocity, decay, attack, etc.

It's great if you want to sequence something in real time as versus copying the same sound a bunch of times over and changing the characteristics of it. You save space on your programs, and using the slider does not change the actual sound itself (i.e. non-destructive editing), only how it is played. The MPC records all the changes during recording much like mixer automation.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    naw man, the slider is your friend! It's basically a midi control. You can control all kinds of parameters in real time: filter, pitch, velocity, decay, attack, etc.

It's great if you want to sequence something in real time as versus copying the same sound a bunch of times over and changing the characteristics of it. You save space on your programs, and using the slider does not change the actual sound itself (i.e. non-destructive editing), only how it is played. The MPC records all the changes during recording much like mixer automation.

ahh, okay. I still probably would rather just use the 16 levels button and stuff, but thanks for the explanation.