THE RUB CALIFORNIA TOUR

2»

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Thanks for an awesome night out guys! yall killed it effortlessly. My ass was too drunk to even conversate much, haha. MY BAD! Cosmo was just a real nice and funny ass dude. Big up Cosmo! Also nice meeting Tate and Adam. Cool people. Gotta give a shout to Brian and Tsega ofcourse. Lookin' out for me on driving directions and food money and all that. thanks!! gotta get yall fellas back.

As for the Rub, yea it's fo real. they ain't messin' around. Massive respect to all strutters that were there!

• That was tight... finally some good music ALL night. yo, unfortuantly i was too faded to say what up, but.. good luck on the rest of the tour. peace

finally some good music ALL night.

WORD THE FUCK UP. i was most definitely impressed by the song selection. no gimmicks, just straight bangers.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    dudes, you guys RULE!!! got to see some of the REAL HEADZZZ, my mojo got me 2 for 1 on drinks, and if that werent enough, someone threw on still tippin at the end of the night and half the crowd was still going at 115bpms. looked like their bodies were confused to all hell. man that shit was classic. oh, and the guz was there CHECKING COATZZ IN THE REAL WORLD.

• So far we have show reviews from two cats that were too drunk too speak, I dunno if I'm sold on this event yet...

(unoikeed)

i can tell you that a couple of whiskeys does not a drunk shig make. plus i wound up giving this massive cup of jager to thiknek cuz i only fucks with the whiskey flavor. but dont listen to me, kind sir, see for yourself tonight!!!

rivaled only by 4onefunk!!! oh, and the SUPERUGLY soundsystem.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    That was the epitome of Game OVER!!!

LA heads came through and repped big time. Ayres, Cosmo and Eleven were all on point.

LA RUB's the RUB.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I shall be there this evening. What time are you fellas getting into town?

I guess you aren't really checking soulstrut from the road, unless you have some super awesome van like the A-team. Oh man, that would sweet if the real A-team was coming to san diego. oh well.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I guess you aren't really checking soulstrut from the road, unless you have some super awesome van like the A-team

We're actually en route in the truck right now, rolling down 5 now, about 4 or so hours north of LA. We're all pretty delirious from lack of sleep and a pretty heavy night last night. Probably rolling in around 7 or so. Hope to check you later dude.

• just ordered the CD since I aint lucky enough to catch yalls sets in person. But I cant wait to get the CD..I need something to cheer me up a little after some sad sad sad drama went down 2 nights ago.

• thiknekthiknek 65 Posts
    . My ass was too drunk to even conversate much, haha.

But you had a smile on your face!!!

The RUB LA (the Taco Shop Remix) not to be forgotten. All my peoples who went were on some "I've never seen an LA crowd so Haapppy!!!!"

rolled bows like Hells Angels in Altamont. Then got the serious rapid chill on with the strutters. Big shout out to all. And the Yaegermeister was oh so right.

big up to all.

thik

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    yo it was nice to see all of y'all up in the same spot

Yuichi & Thiknek[/b] nice to finally see y'all out in the world

Cosmo and Ayers[/b] good to finally see y'all too. Y'all kept shit live and made my "Imust get in early and get some sleep" ass stay up waay past what I shoulda been out.

and all the, regulars you know the deal at the club like clockwork

Night was cool; as fuck had some drama but shit ended mad happy

stay away from the incredible hulk

. My ass was too drunk to even conversate much, haha.

But you had a smile on your face!!!

yea man! haha. it was pretty amusing cuz i was drunk and thinking "yo! these are the stars from soulstrut!". nice seeing you too my man.

word Guzzo.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    The Frisco contingent sends mad love and respect to the Rub, it was a blast. Sweaty, drunk, dancin' like a foll with my girl, you gave me plenty of reasons to get stoopid. You ALL killt it. Eleven came sick with the Bay classics. If I had had a working lighter, it woulda been high in the air, but instead I just yelled along with the words. Cosmo on the mic =

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    I don't know...kind of a letdown.

Ayres played the same two records all night (some label called "Serrato"?). Dude didn't bring an RCA cord, but he had his toothbrush in his pocket and kept checking his email?

Cosmo made me hold his Gucci watch (yes, it's heavy) and made his mother-in-law dance to Too $hort.

Eleven wasn't nearly as tall as I'd heard.

Very dope evening all around. Ayres just murdered it with an early set of funky classics, then started droppin' West Coast gems, all on Serrato, totally seamless. Cosmo was that dude all around (he said "Frisco" and even bigged up Richmond), and his in-laws were chill. Eleven was indeed tall as fuck and had a great set. Dudes were quick-mixin' like there's no tomorrow (or perhaps they remembered that our bars close 2-3 hours earlier than theirs but didn't wanna shortchange us).

And the new Goin' To Back to Cali CD got me to work in style this morning. Thanks to all three of you. Look forward to linkin' up in New York.

• thiknekthiknek 65 Posts
    I have messed with the hulk before.

that very same night I broke up with a long time girlfriend. She punched me in the stomach for lamping on some other much hotter honey.

where is the hulk on the west coast dunny? I am down.

And all the other thing: When Cosmo dropped "Flipside" on friday. I went through the roof. And everybody else was like , huh?

And then I was like, "My baby mama - you know she smoke La La"

thik

alrighty, so here's my rant.

so i made plans with my "asian friends" no fuck it "korean friends" to go to the rub on fri. which seemed like a good idea. but then we had to trek out to fucking alhambra cuz one of these fools wanted vietnamese noodles, but by the time the rest of the group got their act together it was 10pm which meant the vietnamese noodle joint was closed. so we spent the next hour and a half looking for goddamn bun and not finding it so one dude suggests his favorite chinese joint which im cool with. next thing you know i got a grass jelly slushie in front of me and flies in my motherfucking soup. then a hair in the undercooked dimsum and then motherbitches want to have shave ice with fucking oatmeal and can peaches in that shit for dessert. all the while someone's getting all princess on me and sending back food with flies in it and im like "fuck it dudes, just eat that shit." i mean, they act like theyre royalty and never eaten in a fucking chinese food dive before. flies and eyelashes are the least of your worries!!!

anyways, after eating they decided to sit around and have a discussion on computers and computer driven music and started graphing out points on napkins and shit at which point i had fucking had it. to make a long story short, they were all too tired to go to the rub even though we passed within 2 blocks of it so i kindly excused myself by jumping out of the car and walking a few minutes to the spot.

so, now you know the pain i have to endure hanging with my own slow moving boring ass people. so solly.

they were all too tired to go to the rub even though we passed within 2 blocks of it so i kindly excused myself by jumping out of the car and walking a few minutes to the spot.

and i bet they gave you some sort of guilt-trip for that huh?!

i hate people.