LA Heads: The current state of Aron's Records???

2»

Comments

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    did any of y'all dudes spit game at shannyn sossamon when she worked there?

my jaw just dropped. can't believe she worked there. what a great opportunity (lost) to have bounced that ass.

Who is this girl?

i miss seeing you boys at aron's. you can rock my one's and two's any day. go dj.

• this tall guy?

that is the dude i was talking about not sure if it was the one is question. he has always been cool to me. bounced from arrons to amoeba.

• When did this chick work at Aron's???

• I've pulled a couple things from Aron's in the last month or so, but I can see a decline in quality even since last year.

• Yeah, the Lamonte Young for $12 pretty much says it all.

Not arguing that a gem can't be pulled from there every now and then.

Just the declining quality of the records and lack of decent service.

Currently, about half thier used lp's are in VG condition or worse...yet they continue to over-price and keep them at the same price for months when they don't sell.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

this tall guy?

that is the dude i was talking about not sure if it was the one is question. he has always been cool to me. bounced from arrons to amoeba.
    Thats my boy Gino. Dude is a pure trip. He's twice as eratic as the music he makes. If y'all think I'm a little strange I'm straight up middle america compared to homeslice.

I forget what name he records under but I think I may have even done a track with him and my old room mate (another project blowed dood named Michael Nhatt)

• this tall guy?

Thats my boy Gino. Dude is a pure trip. He's twice as eratic as the music he makes. If y'all think I'm a little strange I'm straight up middle america compared to homeslice.

I forget what name he records under but I think I may have even done a track with him and my old room mate (another project blowed dood named Michael Nhatt)

subtitle

• reading all this fucking sucks.

that's always been a "go to" spot for me when I'm in LA.

major co-sign.

y'all L.A. dudes are straight spoiled. EVERYTIME I hit L.A. that's thee spot, man.

I seriously walk out with every type of purchase a dj/beatmaker dude would want.

party shit
    sample heat
    all those cutty imports we see on piccadilly

AND THEY LET YOU LISTEN TO THE RECORDS?!!?? OUT OF FUCKING CONTROL.

and the prices are MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad decent.

even thur wack records are better than the wack records up here. Aside from Groove Merchant, I would much rather save my bucks and just go to L.A. once a month and drop it at Aaron's.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts

does this dood still work there?

is that the really tall dude? always started funny conversations? if so he jumped to amoeba.

that's Cokni O'Dire, you poptarts!

Tall dude is a horrible rapper by the name of Subtitle

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    reading all this fucking sucks.

that's always been a "go to" spot for me when I'm in LA.

major co-sign.

y'all L.A. dudes are straight spoiled. EVERYTIME I hit L.A. that's thee spot, man.

I seriously walk out with every type of purchase a dj/beatmaker dude would want.

party shit
    sample heat
    all those cutty imports we see on piccadilly

AND THEY LET YOU LISTEN TO THE RECORDS?!!?? OUT OF FUCKING CONTROL.

and the prices are MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad decent.

even thur wack records are better than the wack records up here. Aside from Groove Merchant, I would much rather save my bucks and just go to L.A. once a month and drop it at Aaron's.

fucking seriously!!!! alot of l.a. dudes have no idea what its like in a place like...say...boston.

Arons is the shit. Matter fact, im going there RIGHT NOW!!!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Arons is the shit. Matter fact, im going there RIGHT NOW!!!

If you see homegirl tell her I said whats up

• Guzzo,
    Michael Nhatt is blowed? Such a small world. Gino is the homie (my boyfriend is crew wtih him). He's not working at either spot now though right? That's too bad about those stores........I was looking forward to digging in LA.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Guzzo,
    Michael Nhatt is blowed? Such a small world. Gino is the homie (my boyfriend is crew wtih him). He's not working at either spot now though right? That's too bad about those stores........I was looking forward to digging in LA.

when you coming to l.a.?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Guzzo,

well not exactly blowed, but I guess I just kind of put all them abstract dudes in the same project blowed grouping. He did do that Very Special comp with a lot of blowed cats though. Dude just formed a new collective that I think includes some blowed affiliates (Bizzart, Foci,...me )

Are you familiar with Michael and his music? I always think its a trip when someone outside my little circle knows about doud

• well hopefully we will be able to pick up where aron's is leaving off... we're opening near there on Pico... if we ever get the spot open

Arons has nice prices though if you are looking for 12inches... A friend of mine pulled the Ponderosa Twins LP out of there in pretty good condition for $3. Not a bad find.

:end shamelsss self promotion:

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    I've never found any heat in Aaron's and I even talked them into letting me go through the secret stash upstairs! I spent hours and found nothing. Ran into Madlib and seen that Take works there. There was some guy that they let go through the stuff as well and he kept bragging to me about ALL the heat he had and found it all at Aarons over the years. He then told me he was looking for Village Callers lp and I informed him they had it over at Amoeba and he said no way was he gonna pay $80 for a record! Needless to say I took his number as he said he had all kinds of stuff for sale. He never answered his phone or called back! Was it a fellow strutter or does anyone know him? He had a business card with a hot rod (muscle car) on it. I remember he found an easy e record seemed to get a bit overly excited.

• does anyone know him? He had a business card with a hot rod (muscle car) on it.

I was gonna post a picture of a guy with a hot rod - but I found this one when I googled 'hot rod' and like it more.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I've never found any heat in Aaron's and I even talked them into letting me go through the secret stash upstairs! I spent hours and found nothing.

That Elenore Mills I traded ya came from Arons.

Lately the selection has been shitty at that spot but there have been plenty of times I've scored excellent shit at real cheap prices.

Like most places they sleep on the raer modern soul, only recently they started getting hip to a few of these, but what do you expect? if demand goes up so does the price.

There was some guy that they let go through the stuff as well and he kept bragging to me about ALL the heat he had and found it all at Aarons over the years. He then told me he was looking for Village Callers lp and I informed him they had it over at Amoeba and he said no way was he gonna pay $80 for a record! Needless to say I took his number as he said he had all kinds of stuff for sale. He never answered his phone or called back! Was it a fellow strutter or does anyone know him? He had a business card with a hot rod (muscle car) on it. I remember he found an easy e record seemed to get a bit overly excited.

I thnk that dude works at Amoeba now

• I thnk that dude works at Amoeba now

ah yeah - I know who you mean. Likes Led Zep and everything on the German 'Brain' label, BTW.

• Arons is dope for hip-hop. CD's are expensive because they think everything is out-of-print. Hip-Hop 12"s and LPs are dope there. Never really look for anything else there. I'm sleeping.

That guy Gino. Haven't seen him at Amoeba in a good while. I had a feeling he was Subtitle but didn't really care much. He seemed like a really cool guy though. Always talking shit about people with the customers. HAHA.

Also a few months back it was weird. Arons had about 6-8 copies of Scholly D - Gangster Boogie / Maniac 12"s on Place To Be Records for 10 dollars each. I was gonna buy all of them but I ended up buying one and leaving the rest. I regret it as I probably could've traded them or sold them. I bought some other shit that I probably don't even like now or don't pay attention to as much as that "Gangster Boogie" track.

• Tall dude is a horrible rapper by the name of Subtitle

Hey, you big meanie!!! Sub is a good dude!

Herm