Senate kills bid for Katrina investigation

davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
Yeah I get my news from Yahoo...http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050914/ap_on_go_ot/katrina_washington_28;_ylt=Ag55I6aD8RzqE5R3ofFIaJYbLisB;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUlThe article didn't mention why the republicans were opposed to it. Anybody know ?

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Yeah I get my news from Yahoo...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050914/ap_on_go_ot/katrina_washington_28;_ylt=Ag55I6aD8RzqE5R3ofFIaJYbLisB;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

The article didn't mention why the republicans were opposed to it. Anybody know ?

I would guess they didn't think this was the time to "play politics" or "point fingers." they wanted to stop the "blame-gaming."

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Basically thier party would take a lot of the heat. They've basically chosen to have Bush do the "Yea, it's my fault now shut the fuck up" thing. Bush is untouchable so he just takes the blame and sweeps it under the rug. They want to act like it was just a big misunderstanding that we can learn from, when in reality it exposed the massive failure known as the Bush administration.

The media has already exposed a lot of stuff that would be investigated. I mean really......why aren't people more up in arms about the fact that a buddy of Bush who couldn't even take care of horses was put in charge of saving the country. IMO this is an impeachable offense. Bush knowingly put a unqualified buddy in a job that resulted in massive loss of life and turmoil for the entire US.

The rupublicans couldn't stop spending time and money investigating a blow job, but they don't think a national tragedy needs and looking into!

• Basically thier party would take a lot of the heat. They've basically chosen to have Bush do the "Yea, it's my fault now shut the fuck up" thing. Bush is untouchable so he just takes the blame and sweeps it under the rug. They want to act like it was just a big misunderstanding that we can learn from, when in reality it exposed the massive failure known as the Bush administration.

The media has already exposed a lot of stuff that would be investigated. I mean really......why aren't people more up in arms about the fact that a buddy of Bush who couldn't even take care of horses was put in charge of saving the country. IMO this is an impeachable offense. Bush knowingly put a unqualified buddy in a job that resulted in massive loss of life and turmoil for the entire US.

The rupublicans couldn't stop spending time and money investigating a blow job, but they don't think a national tragedy needs and looking into!

my sentiments exactly

time to storm the bastille

• bipartisan independent commission???

shucks, we'd much rather investigate us ourselves

bipartisan independent commission???

Please to insert jpeg of villagers with torches.

bipartisan independent commission???

No way! This moron doesn't even know how his bowels work. "I think I may need....". Who the hell has ever said that? You just say "I have to go to the bathroom". And if you the pres, you say "I'm going to the bathroom bitches, so just hold that thought!"

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

No way! This moron doesn't even know how his bowels work. "I think I may need....". Who the hell has ever said that? You just say "I have to go to the bathroom". And if you the pres, you say "I'm going to the bathroom bitches, so just hold that thought!"

Even worse, there was a question mark at the end of that "statement". That's more or less how I would expect a 3 year old to refer to a movement.

"I think I make a booboo?"

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

Even worse, there was a question mark at the end of that "statement". That's more or less how I would expect a 3 year old to refer to a movement.

"I think I make a booboo?"

well, you know he needs Karl Rove to help wipe his ass and pull his pants up for him.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Bush joke of the day:

Q: What is George W. Bush's position on Roe v. Wade?

A: He really doesn't care how people get out of New Orleans.

• Bush joke of the day:

Q: What is George W. Bush's position on Roe v. Wade?

A: He really doesn't care how people get out of New Orleans.

BA-DUM-DUMP!

• Holy Shit, George Bush actually knows how to write?! I thought Dick Cheney did that for him...

Holy Shit, George Bush actually knows how to write?! I thought Dick Cheney did that for him...

HA HA! I wonder if Codi has to take him to the bathroom.

"Is it #1 or #2 Mr President? Remember if it's #2 sit down first!"

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Is that note fucking for real???

If so I doubt his handlers will let him hold a pencil again...

• PSSSSSSTTTTTT...Condi...Georgie just made a boom-boom...[/b]

• PSSSSSSTTTTTT...Condi...Georgie just made a boom-boom...[/b]

"Did Georgie go boom boom? Yes, he did! What a big boy! Don't worry baby, Condi always cleans up your piles of shit."