7 Slipmats - Discuss

2»

Comments

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    yeah i wouldn't want to send shit to china because the margin for error is so much higher. i think making them here is the way to go.

• Guys guys guys...
    Efff them things.
    I have a cheaper home-grown alternative.

Stock 45 adapter + scrap 12" + scrap felt/rubber + Krazy glue = 45-record-convertermatron

Use the stock 45 Adapter from your 1200.
    or use the slope/rounded edge 45 adapter joints & file it down a little.
    Glue/melt the adapter along with a round piece of felt or thin rubber to a scrap 12" record. Problem solved. Ain't pretty, but so what.
    I melted a plastic 45 adapter to a 12" ages ago & used to use it that way, it eventually fell apart but shit worked for a minute.

If you're crafty you'll use a record with scratchable sounds/drops on the outer grooves so you can use it to scratch/drop your gemini sound effects, etc...

If someones smart, they'll take the soudbwoy/gemini effects + other popular scratch effects & loops, press a 12" or 10" with only those plus maybe some extra loops or sounds on the outer grooves.
    Leave the inner most part of the vinyl plus the B side "blank" (a-la your 1 sided disco 12"). Then all you have to do is glue the felt/rubber mat plus an adapter to it.

I bet you can do this & hire some kids or (insert_exploited_race_here) to assemble them for less than 13,000.
    Pressing those records would cost you way less.
    You could even do shit like Locked grooves, custom loops, whatever.

I better call my patent attorney real quick.

• The $12 is what I picture for retail although I imagine in UK they will go for more.

knowing the ripoff country we live in, you're proabably right

• emyndemynd 830 Posts

Years ago I'd actually glue or tape 7"s to a 12" that I wanted to cut or catch.

I just tape the non-grooved edges of them bitches up on a shitty 12".

-e

• just out of curiosity what percentage of 7??? records don???t require the 45 adapter? i know punk records were coming out with a small hole and i have see a few others, but not many.

How old are you? 8? Who has the all-encompassing knowledge to answer such a question?

K.

maybe santa? jesus? that dude who left all his earthly belongings behind to sit on a mountain and meditate all day?

i wasn't asking for a scientific study, just a guess. figured if anybody could guess it would be someone on here. i'd rather ask you than bobby clarke. you post pics of 100's of 45s you found each week. don't you think you could make a guess based on your own collection if asked?. if i look at my own collection of 45s which i am pretty sure is not as large as yours i would say about 1% if that, but those with a larger collection would be able to make a more educated guess.

btw.

not that raer. probably $15-30.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Spesh,

This isn't a bad idea but I think the whole thing with the adapter is that the 7" sits inside a mold. Your method, while functional, doesn't sound that much different than just using the 45 adapter WITHOUT the 12". Or does the 7" "stick" adequately to the 12" just by sitting atop it?

Oliver

Guys guys guys...
    Efff them things.
    I have a cheaper home-grown alternative.

Stock 45 adapter + scrap 12" + scrap felt/rubber + Krazy glue = 45-record-convertermatron

Use the stock 45 Adapter from your 1200.
    or use the slope/rounded edge 45 adapter joints & file it down a little.
    Glue/melt the adapter along with a round piece of felt or thin rubber to a scrap 12" record. Problem solved. Ain't pretty, but so what.
    I melted a plastic 45 adapter to a 12" ages ago & used to use it that way, it eventually fell apart but shit worked for a minute.

If you're crafty you'll use a record with scratchable sounds/drops on the outer grooves so you can use it to scratch/drop your gemini sound effects, etc...

If someones smart, they'll take the soudbwoy/gemini effects + other popular scratch effects & loops, press a 12" or 10" with only those plus maybe some extra loops or sounds on the outer grooves.
    Leave the inner most part of the vinyl plus the B side "blank" (a-la your 1 sided disco 12"). Then all you have to do is glue the felt/rubber mat plus an adapter to it.

I bet you can do this & hire some kids or (insert_exploited_race_here) to assemble them for less than 13,000.
    Pressing those records would cost you way less.
    You could even do shit like Locked grooves, custom loops, whatever.

I better call my patent attorney real quick.

• Options
    Seriously dude, I have no idea. I've been told I know a fair bit - I think they're wrong.

Kevin.

P.S. I picked that card for it's rookie-ness.

• just out of curiosity what percentage of 7??? records don???t require the 45 adapter? i know punk records were coming out with a small hole and i have see a few others, but not many.

acoording to this door: 1 outta 9

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Here you go:

• nice one deerock!

thanks.