9th Wonder Relief Fund (Minstrel Show)

edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
The Minstrel Showprobably the best collection of beats i've heard since...last september Big Pooh & Phonte bore me to death....they aren't wack,just boring as hell9th Wonder needs Reliefwhy do all the dope producers end up with mediocre rappers?

Comments

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Post deleted by edpowers

• yea, just my opinion, but the production on that album is booooooorrring. I thought it was funny that the 2 best beats/songs werent even lb songs(the jaydee track and cheatin even thought it was sposed to be a joke.)

the jaydee track .

o'k.. i thought that might have been a JayDee beat but i wasn't sure

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    The Minstrel Show

probably the best collection of beats i've heard since...
    last september

Big Pooh & Phonte bore me to death....they aren't wack,just boring as hell

9th Wonder needs Relief

why do all the dope producers end up with mediocre rappers?

Hey Ed,

You know my stance, Little Brother makes nice songs but bad albums. My theory is that Phonte and Big Pooh like to rap to a certain sound, and end up writing to songs that all sound that same (see my MC only writes to my smooth tracks and won't write to the hard ones, which pisses me off). 9th Wonder shows more versatility in the tracks he makes for other people, which forms the basis of my theory. They could use a better production coordinator to tell them "hey, all your songs sound the same, switch it up some".

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• The Minstrel Show

probably the best collection of beats i've heard since...
    last september

Big Pooh & Phonte bore me to death....they aren't wack,just boring as hell

9th Wonder needs Relief

why do all the dope producers end up with mediocre rappers?

cosign, although I don't really have an opinion of Big Pooh and Phonte outside of the fact that I like hearing some definite diversity coming out of the south.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    This album is wack too (see below). 9th's beats suck and buckshot is horrible. I love some of 9ths old stuff but there's just not enough diversity to his beats.

I love some of 9ths old stuff but there's just not enough diversity to his beats.

he has new snares though

• MeepMeep 320 Posts
    I love some of 9ths old stuff but there's just not enough diversity to his beats.

he has new snares though

thought I heard a line about his snares on the new album

• I thought all of the beats on minstrel show were reeeeeeeeally boring except for the 3rd song. Im really glad I didnt waste my money on it.

i got a feeling its a grower (i hope) as i wasnt overly impressed. lovin' it was the 12 and is the best track. but ive played it about 50 times so maybe i just need to listen again. this is coming from the guy who rated the listening in his top 25[/b]..

• PHONTE is mad dope on the MIC, and that LP is Fresh!!!

• where can I find the songs where they imitate other rappers or whatever? it was posted here awhile back.

• that album, production-wise (i won't even get into the emceeing) is a snooze-fest. sounds like a mock neo soul album.