Juelz Santana Questions

emyndemynd 830 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
My home girl is finna interview Juelz Santana in a few hours. Anybody have any good questions to recommend for her to incorporate in her interview?-e

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Hey Emil.

Ask is he's part PR.

Ask who the best Harlem rapper was from years ago - Doug E Fresh or Kool Moe Dee.

Ask how he feels about his white hipster fanbase.

• How long does it take to get that bandana looking just right?

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    What am I supposed to do when he's on TV?

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

• What am I supposed to do when he's on TV?

It's like Juelz the tesselation

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    is it purely coincidence that santana and bandana rhyme?

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    Don't you terds have any serious questions for this guy?

-e

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Ask him about Rakim

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    Jesus. Thinking of serious questions for this guy is really difficult.

-e

• Ask him about "eh".

Fair enough. You sure you're not thinking of tesseract, though?

And emynd: I think AI's question about the white hipster fanbase is a real serious one. (Although, now that I think about it, the only acceptable response would be for dude to say "Fuck 'em" or some variant thereof. Since we white hipsters generally distrust any club that would have us as members, the worst thing that dude could do would be to say "Yo, those are my people--when I make records, I'm thinking of them." Were that to happen, I suspect there would be a blindingly rapid migration, leaving behind only Road-Runner-style clouds of white-hipster-shaped smoke.)

• emyndemynd 830 Posts

Fair enough. You sure you're not thinking of tesseract, though?

And emynd: I think AI's question about the white hipster fanbase is a real serious one. (Although, now that I think about it, the only acceptable response would be for dude to say "Fuck 'em" or some variant thereof. Since we white hipsters generally distrust any club that would have us as members, the worst thing that dude could do would be to say "Yo, those are my people--when I make records, I'm thinking of them." Were that to happen, I suspect there would be a blindingly rapid migration, leaving behind only Road-Runner-style clouds of white-hipster-shaped smoke.)

I'ma recommend she ask it but he's much more likely to say (because it's what everyone says) this than anything else:

"I mean, I make music for the streets, but I want as many different types of people to buy my music as possible."

-e

• Ask him about "eh".

I believe that's "ay".

ask him about "no homo".

• I think if she doesn't ask him what we are supposed to do when he's on TV that it would be a travisty and a missed opportunity cause that would be some funny shit to get down to in an interview.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    I think if she doesn't ask him what we are supposed to do when he's on TV that it would be a travisty and a missed opportunity cause that would be some funny shit to get down to in an interview.

Agreed.

-e

I'ma recommend she ask it but he's much more likely to say (because it's what everyone says) this than anything else:

"I mean, I make music for the streets, but I want as many different types of people to buy my music as possible."

Yeah, you're probably right. Okay, ask him what he thinks his "street" audience gets out of his music versus what his "non-street" audience gets out of it ("street"--you gotta love/hate that euphemistic shit; here in Hyde Park it's "non-University-affiliated"). But that's a dumb question, too, and will likely be met by something along the lines of "Well, Chet, I think they're all just responding to the real/the reality/the realness." Wascally.

Ask him what he's listening to these days.

Ask him if he writes his shit out.

Ask him how he thinks the game has changed since he revealed his forehead.

Ask him what he thinks the serious questions are.

• Ask him if he/dipset is doing anything for NOLA.

Seeing as how Master P and Usher came out to criticize Kanye, ask him what he thinks of "George Bush doesn't care about Black people."

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    how about the connection between dips and the houston cats.

Paul Wall performing with them; jimmy jones in paul wall video. Rumors or PaWa being dipset at MSG; etc.

how'd it come about?

any other houston cats they interested in?

collabs?

any new artists being signed to the roster?

• Ask him how he thinks the game has changed since he revealed his forehead.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

Ask him how he thinks the game has changed since he revealed his forehead.

yes please!

• Please please please ask him about the line in the Jim Jones track "Jamaican Joint"

Where he goes.

"We get on the planes and fly high....

Nigga I ride high, drive high, fly high, sky high, ha ha, I'm high. So high so fly, flow by, oh why, oh my, and I don't know why. So get your parachute, and row your boat nigga!

"

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Ask him about Rakim

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts

Ask is he's part PR.

Ask who the best Harlem rapper was from years ago - Doug E Fresh or Kool Moe Dee.

Ask how he feels about his white hipster fanbase.

• ask him who was doper: Big L or Mase.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    ask him who was doper: Big L or Mase.

yeah ask what he thinks about mase sayin he ghost wrote for big l

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    show him the kill whitey article then ask if dipset is available to perform.

LOL! Good question