Question: Dope headphones for gigging?

ChequeDaEditChequeDaEdit 135 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
What's Good ya'll.I am starting to do some research on a pair of good reliable headphones for playing gigs. On the weekend I played at club on the Durham College's campus, and because we were set up outside the regular dj booth the sound from the club's speakers was very overwhelming and drowned out my headphones. In all my previous gigs this was never an issue so it wasn't something I was prepared for. I made it through the gig fine but it was nerve racking to find out about this problem just moments before we had to rock the joint.So my question is this, what headphones do you guys use? I guess I am looking for ones that do a good job insulating the external sound? Let know me know what you guys think.Oh Ya, I am currently using a cheap pair of Sony MDR-V150, which now I know are wack. ------Edit Dat DeejaY

Comments

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    Sony MDR-V700s are good and loud.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    Sony MDR-V700s are good and loud.

cosign on that. i like the bass response in those sony's. it is usually always loud enough to hear it over the sound system to make beat match much easier.

• I agree these are good - but 100 bucks or more for headphones is a bit pricey for me. If you can afford them, then by all means - you're done shopping! But in the case you need to spend a little less I use the SONY MDR-7502. Can find them around 50 bucks and I think the work good. Hope this helps

• AserAser 2,351 Posts

sony mdr v4 or v6's (reg).........also known as mdr v7504 & v7506 (gold). One has the gold tips, the other doesn't. They're both the same sonically, so save the loot for non gold tip. If you check studios, filmwork, broadcasting usage, this is the industry standard. The joints are metal, not plastic like the sony dj series. Everybody I know that has owned a pair of the dj series has had it snap.

this thread pops up every 2 months so do a search for more info.

• co-sign. i had those sony silver ones before, to me they were uncomfortable and the bass was too heavy (i mix on the highs (both the record and the herb)). the ones pictured above are lighter on your head and ears and has a clean sound.

• Thanks for the feed back, I shall check out all your suggestions.

-------
    Edit Dat DeejaY