recomend me a wah pedal.....plaese

Salary_DizSalary_Diz 735 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
Whats good? What have people tried that sounds dope?also, recomend some good free vst fx. plaese.

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    these shits are dope, way better than a crybaby.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    diz

i recomend the crybaby... people are gonna harp on it but its the all time classic. very easy to modify.. from simply rolling the pot forward or back to adjust the range to the slightly more complex switching of resistros and such.

as i said in another thread i've had mine for about 15 years with nary a problem.

alot of peeps like the vox wahs.

• nrichnrich 932 Posts

I actually have one of these that I never use since I no longer have an electric guitar.
    If you're interested in it give me a shout.

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts

just curious, why do you think its way better than a crybaby?

the vox is incidently twice as much money as the crybaby.

and they both go wicka wicka wicka

• look into building one yourself.

look into building one yourself.

this is definatly an option too.. but you should be able to score a crybaby for under 75 bones.. a used one should be like $50.

you can swap out the tone pot, change the switch.. switch out a couple parts and convert the thing to numerous differant variations.. tonnes of info online. all for under $30 in parts.

personally i found al li had to do was dial the pot to the right range... you just roll it forward or backwards till its in the range you want... mine was initially very harsh so i just rolled it back to the bassier side of the tracks and it was good to go.

• i would agree to the vox as well.. the crybabies tend to click when you turn them on too, which is very noticable if you have some reverb or delay after the wah pedal, the vox does this too, but much less distinctly... but really when it comes to the actual sound, they just sound better to me, the range, depth, clarity... also, you could check www.analogman.com email mike over there, he would know much better than me..

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    yo Diz, turn on thine PM's por favor

• yo Diz, turn on thine PM's por favor
    damn... again??? SPIDERHOLE!!!!

• off the subject but your username is on some other...

This is the user name that I (shouldn't) use at work.....

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

I actually have one of these that I never use since I no longer have an electric guitar.
    If you're interested in it give me a shout.

If it's in good shape. If diz don't want it. I'll buy it from you.

Spidey plays guitar. Word to the up.

- spidey

• vox + crybaby are classics, for sure.

i have a Morley volume/wah, i like it a lot. Different sound than the above named, dial enables easy control of 'wah degree' or intensity or whatever. Nice pedal.

just curious, why do you think its way better than a crybaby?
    i had two crybabys first. one pawnshop cheep-cheep and the second one brand new. they both sounded "dirty after a short while, maybe due to climate or whatever, but after i bought my vox, never a problem. personally, i prefer an ernie ball VOLUME pedal to a wah, but that's just me.

This is the user name that I (shouldn't) use at work.....
    Damn, does everyone have more than one username except me?

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

my baby, owned it since i was 15... also have the power wah (stooges "no fun" guitar tone in a box) and (somewhere) the phaser, which is SICK...

• the sound is"cleaner" and less noisy/vocal/rad
    i beleive the vox is a more of a "vintage" tone[subtle] and not as aggro as the cry baby

'Couldnt have said it better myself'.

Dunlop has made a shitload of cash off of guitar players wanting a Jimi Hendrix sound. They had a wah with his name on it for years, when it's very clear he used a Vox . I don't really care what pedal he used, but it's sad they pimped his name out to whatever product dropped some cash. Check this thing out.

I happen to have a Vox that sounds great, but when it's bypassed sucks all the tone out of the signal. I've been meaning to replace is with a new DPDT switch for a few years, but have not. It's a pretty easy mod.