themed editions of Killah Kuts

catchdubscatchdubs 492 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
this weekend saw one that was all originals sampled for late registration (shirley bassey for "diamonds", "move on up", etc) as well as a "chopped and screwed" edition collecting a bunch of michael watts remixes. any other themed killah kuts y'all can recall? i have one that was all unreleased game tracks and another that was all recent marley marl remixes (usher, mario) - i just have a thing for quasi-official white labels and terrible fonts.

Comments

• I love Killa Kutz but have no local source

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    this weekend saw one that was all originals sampled for late registration (shirley bassey for "diamonds", "move on up", etc) as well as a "chopped and screwed" edition collecting a bunch of michael watts remixes.

i was just telling someone about that b/c it has "i got a woman" by ray charles and i was telling them about how when i heard that song it took me a week before i could remember what the sample was; like an itch i couldn't scratch... something about a ray charles song from 1955 on a hip hop bootleg series 50 years later is FUCKING AWESOME...

any other themed killah kuts y'all can recall? i have one that was all unreleased game tracks and another that was all recent marley marl remixes (usher, mario) - i just have a thing for quasi-official white labels and terrible fonts.

a couple off the top of my head: there was a preview one for "Wu Tang Forever", like 6 of the best songs off the record and pretty sure there are mulitple all Biggie ones...