NFL TALK- This is what it is for 2005, batches...

Comments

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

You must boost the Eagles up higher on that list.

philly N/A
    atlanta N/A

• You must boost the Eagles up higher on that list.

philly N/A
    atlanta N/A

• Options
    25)ny jets

Oh hell no...oh my god...hell no....nah maaan...hell no hommie...i mean c'mon man, 25?!?!?!....hell no, just hell no.....

25)ny jets

Oh hell no...oh my god...hell no....nah maaan...hell no hommie...i mean c'mon man, 25?!?!?!....hell no, just hell no.....

my apologies Sween but they looked god-awful yesterday...

and things will be worse next week when.....

YOU FEEL THE ALMIGHTY WRATH OF THE MIAMI FOOTBALL DOLPHINS[/b]

• 16)seattle...Holmgren must go

The season will be a success if we can somehow find a way to make this happen.

• Options

haha, neither of those two guys will be playing!! I can't wait, we have a few misguided Dolphins fans at work who we love to tool on when the Jets routinely trounce them.

But yeah man, Gang Green confused the hell out of the greater NY area yesterday. Hopefully those were the mistakes for the year...and I'm telling you man, losing LT Kareem McKenzie to the Giants because we couldn't afford to pay him is going to be the biggest thing to affect the team. If we don't beat the Dolphons this week there's some serious trouble a' brewin....

• Don't be too fooled by some of the things that went on yesterday. The Jets are not that bad (they have no realistic hopes of threatening NE, but they can't be as terrible as they looked yesterday). The Dolphins are not that good. San Fran is not that good. Pittsburgh and KC are DEFINITELY for real. So are the Colts. For at lot of these teams, though, it's gonna be maybe 5 weeks or more before we can start to see what they're really all about. One thing should be clear to urrrbody (and if not, certainly WILL be after tonight)...

Ain't NOBODY f**kin' with these dudes right hurrr, ya dig? A statement will be made to the whole damn NFL- it will not be close tonight. Watch and see.

The Dolphins are not that good.

• i have to say pro football is sort of lame for me. i used to love it back when the niners were good and all these hall of famers were playing. now the only teams that i enjoy watching are the rams, indianapolis and michael vick.

• The Dolphins are not that good.

Oh, don't get me wrong, they'll be better- after last year how could they NOT be? I do like their coach, I think he'll have them on the right track soon. They've always had a solid D, and they've got some playmakers at the skill positions on offense. But who's their QB, Gus Ferrotte or somebody? You ain't gonna do but so much with Gus Ferrotte, dawg. Give 'em a year or two, upgrade at a few positions (esp. QB) and pray that some of those other teams in the AFC start slippin', maybe then they'll have a realistic chance.

yeah,i know ....we do suck...as ususal the Dolphins start out very strong in the 1st half of the season and drop like a ton of bricks the 2nd half...Gus Ferrotte sucks and our run blocking is terrible ..we just had the 1st opportunity to expose Denver's overraterd pass defensive yesterday...and like you said the Jets aren't that bad..they're just following their usual start off slow routine...

what i don't understand is why Philly is only giving 1 1/2 points tonight..looks like a trap game for all the Vick fans to place a wager on...the Eagles are going to smash the Falcons tonight..

• Awwww man... Trotter just got kicked out of the game for a pregame fight!! That is a BAD look and it might change this whole game. Without Trotter in there it's very possible to run on the Eagles, and you know that's Atlanta's strength. Daaam, hommie. They better play Labinjo in Trott's place, because if Simoneau plays a lot it could mean trouble for us.

• Without Trotter in there it's very possible to run on the Eagles, and you know that's Atlanta's strength. Daaam, hommie.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

THIS AIN'T AMERICA IS IT?

WHERE COULD I BE?[/b]

• Its way to early in the season but after watching the Eagles Monday night I feel the Cowboys might have a chance when they come to Dallas!!!!!!

.the Eagles are going to smash the Falcons tonight..

i only caught the last 5 minutes of the game last night...what happened?

Can someone tell me what happened from a X's and O's perspective?

• Its way to early in the season but after watching the Eagles Monday night I feel the Cowboys might have a chance when they come to Dallas!!!!!!
    I doubt it.

• .the Eagles are going to smash the Falcons tonight..

Can someone tell me what happened from a X's and O's perspective?
    From what I saw, the Eagles just couldn't stop the run (Thank you, Jeremiah Trotter for getting yourself ejected from the game prior to kick-off. Good move ).

• .the Eagles are going to smash the Falcons tonight..

the Eagles just couldn't stop the run

They gotz ran on! all night.

• They got ran on, but it wasn't a factor. It never is with the Eagles... teams were running up and down the field on them for much of the last 2 years, but they couldn't get touchdowns when they got in the red zone. The Falcons scored 14 points in the 1st qtr. last night and got shut out the rest of the game. McNabb and the offense just had a bad game, and the wack ass play calling didn't help. I'm very disappointed in the results, but I'm not worried- the NFC is still ours. Gotta tip my hat to Atlanta, though. Their D played a real good game last night. Kerney and DeAngelo Hall were killin' us (esp. Kerney... that dude is a true player for real).

• Giants are finishing 10-6, mark your calendars. They will surprise and playoffize.

Notes taken from week 1
    1. An o-line is so important
    a. I could be a back for Pittsburgh and run for 100
    b. I could be a back for KC and run for 100
    c-e. J-E-T-S, Cards, Texans got weapons, but their QBs have no time in the pocket a.k.a. they suck (the Jets D may at least carry them a ways)
    2. my fantasy team will beat yours
    3. Once Porter is back at full strength, the Raiders will put up Indy #s
    3b. Once Gates is back, SanD will put up Indy #s
    4. Javon Walker is cursing himself for not holding out like Rosenhaus said. What bad luck.
    5. Edge looked nasty against a vicious D.

• Giants are finishing 10-6, mark your calendars. They will surprise and playoffize.

Highly doubt it.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

fuck that willie's the truth

Highly doubt it.

A boy can dream. I was there when Eli went for 30 on Pittsburgh last year. I believe. We have weapons. Tiki is crazy underrated. Jacobs is a beast. Shockey has reigned in that ego just enough. Plaxico and Toomer are sufficient. A Pierce and Strahan are the truth. Umenyiora will be with consistency. A dinged up line is the last thing we need, however (come back Mackenzie). We're 9-months, baby, ready to burst.

Maybe, but that line's the truth, and I'm fast.

• the NFC is still ours.

You are probably right but it won't be as easy as it was last year for the Eagles.

• the NFC is still ours.

You are probably right but it won't be as easy as it was last year for the Eagles.

It should be EASIER. The NFC is still nothing but a bunch of mediocre at best, god awful at worst teams save for the Eagles and I guess you can include the Falcons (Minny, Carolina and Dallas are on the list until further notice). Philly lost a couple of minor pieces from last year but also got back a few injured players and added what look to be some promising rookies. They should be better this year. It's still a long season ahead, so we'll see how it plays out.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    dont underestimate dem steeler boyz. dudes is lookin sharp man. smashin yatches

• a. I could be a back for Pittsburgh and run for 100

hey man- i was meaning to ask you- you're always reppin the Burgh... are you from the 412? or live here?

dont underestimate dem steeler boyz. dudes is lookin sharp man. smashin yatches

• AFC OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK!!!!!!!!!! Who told all you first?? After tomorrw, there will talk of this dude possibly leading the league in rushing this year. Make no mistake, with the Stillers line, this dude is gonna go BERZERKER (Clerks reference) this year!!!!!!!

Most Chill couldn't be more off about Big Bum (dude is MAAAAD corny , but he's nice like dat). He's gonna have a great season, he is a great player - stop the hatred. The Stillers are too stacked, too much depth, too much speed - I pray to God we meet Philly in the Bowl this year...well first, I hope we don't blow a fifth AFC Championship game at home.

Keep this thread going after tomorrow, if not I'll start my own Willie Parker Is God Thread.

• Dog, with the Stillers line Willie Parker could break the rushing record if he keeps running like he did against the Titans. I watched him closely, to see if he was just benefitting from huge holes blown open by the line- no doubt, they did create some ridiculously large holes for him to run, but Fast Willie was making some hellacious moves in the open field, too. A merely mediocre back with a good O-line couldn't have done some of the stuff I saw this kid doing. I'd like to see how he makes out against some other defenses- I dunno, the Titans might just be reeeeal . But Willie P. looks like the truth to me.

Now stop cheerleading for ya boy, C****n. Or you will soon be getting one of these in the mail-

Welcome to Soulstrut, hommie!