Price Check: STARK REALITY LP

2»

Comments

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    Help me out here. I'm ready to add this to wine cellar.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I'm going with $649.
    so, you win?

Winning bid: US $662.99
    Yeah! I won the "bet" but not the record, unfortunately.

• I'm going with $649.
    so, you win?

Damn what happened Rey? Did u even bid?

shit was high $662 is pretty crrazy.

~Crates

Monty, youve probably been asked this before, but do you have any idea how many copies of your record were pressed ?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I'm going with $649.
    so, you win?

Damn what happened Rey? Did u even bid?

shit was high $662 is pretty crrazy.

~Crates

I had a snipe set at $659.33 but it was already over that come the final 6 seconds.

• montymonty 420 Posts
    Monty, youve probably been asked this before, but do you have any idea how many copies of your record were pressed ?
    nope

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    Ive heard that quite a few SR copies have turned up in Sweden over the years, copies of the Invaders have turned up here in Denmark also, kinda weird considering how rare these lps are,... freak distribution channels ???

• Monty,
    I was checking your website the other day. Are you still playing gigs in PHX? My wife and I are moving there in a few months so enquiring minds want to know.

• Ive heard that quite a few SR copies have turned up in Sweden over the years, copies of the Invaders have turned up here in Denmark also, kinda weird considering how rare these lps are,... freak distribution channels ???

somebody on here (monty maybe) was saying how they were shipping all these records out to europe as ballast for the ship or something.

nope
    hmmm. it just always seemed like Stark Reality was pressed in higher numbers then the average $600 record which might have been pressed in 500-1000. but i dont know.

• dave, twas i. also hair and thangs and lymon woodward is what my source told me

• Monty, youve probably been asked this before, but do you have any idea how many copies of your record were pressed ?
    nope
    hmmm. it just always seemed like Stark Reality was pressed in higher numbers then the average $600 record which might have been pressed in 500-1000. but i dont know.

ajp is a semi major label so i don't think it was that few.

• Monty: sup man.

In any semi-standard publishing deal the publishing house only gets about 25%. The function of the publisher is to collect radio royalties and to distribute them to the artist, taking a percentage in return for that service. You should very seriously look into having a lawyer contact the person in current representation of said songs....

Good luck.