RIP Jairo Gutierrez (best friend related)

djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
one of my closest friends, a guy I consider my brother, overdosed last night. I'm stuck between crying and living my life like normal just to not think about shit. I guess I've started threads about artists I've admired that have passed so I thought I'd pay homage in the same way to a man that I admire.to Jairo...you weren't done with your life man, I'm gonna kick your ass when I see you for cutting out early.

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I'm really sorry to hear that man. Keep your head up.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    man, im really sorry to hear that. RIP. and stay strong bro, keep ya head up

• Options
    Oh man dude, I'm so sorry.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    blessings man. stay strong.

• I'll be thinking about you and sending good thoughts your way, Josh. Feel what you feel, and take care.

Damn man. That's rough. If you need a few days away, give me a call or something. You got a futon waiting for you if you need it.

dam dog....stay up.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    thanks so much ya'll, I think I'm ok. Crying uncontrollably and then laughing at the absurdity of shit.

I loved that kid with my entire heart...we've been down for 17 years, his mom took me in when I had nowhere to live when I was 18, we were roomates for 3 years, we've been through a lot of shit together. The hardest shit is imagining life without him. blah. But like my mom says, it is what it is. Not much to be done except celebrate his life and live mine. That's how he would see it.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Sorry to hear that, hang in there man.

• Options
    Not much to be done except celebrate his life and live mine.

That's it right there.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Josh, you're such a cheerful cat that I can't imagine how devistating this must be to you. I hope you the best in coping with it. Your mom is right, focus on the good time. Give me a call if you need someone to talk to.

here's something to cheer you up..

Image courtesy of http://nataliedee.com

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Sorry

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    I'm real sorry Daze. I just ran a thread like this one month ago. Lost my closest friend also. I sympathize with what you're going through. It's been rough, and really hasn't gotten any easier. Being there for his family and hanging out with mutual friends has helped a lot for me. Hit me on the PM if you want to chat.

It feels good to laugh/cry about the good times.

• Daze man, that's terrible. My condolences to you and your folks.
    Really sorry to hear it...keep on keeping on

Rest In Peace

• soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts
    yo man, keep that head held high for homie, losing a boy is never ever easy, & if i can say one thing ive learned from far to many of the sam experiences, it gets easier every day, the pain & anger becomes a simple joy of a simple memory of why he was your boy in the first place & that will be nuff to make you smile not shed a tear...
    i feel your pain dawg & wish you the best...

much respect

drez

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    I'm real sorry Daze. I just ran a thread like this one month ago. Lost my closest friend also. I sympathize with what you're going through. It's been rough, and really hasn't gotten any easier. Being there for his family and hanging out with mutual friends has helped a lot for me. Hit me on the PM if you want to chat.

It feels good to laugh/cry about the good times.

I remember that dude, you were actually on my mind today, I felt mad sympathy for you when that shit happened but now I identify and it's a killer. Thanks for the words.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,086 Posts
    I can't really add on to what everyone has said already. You seemed to be having a really good time yesterday afternoon, like nothing was wrong. It's terrible that only a few hours later you were hit with that sort of news. I hope you can work through this