They Got No Home, Pay 'Em Sh*t! (NRR)

SonicReducerSonicReducer 421 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
last Katrina/NOLA post by me ever, this shits making me crazy. Found this at the bottom of an AP story:http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050909/ts_nm/katrina_wrap_dc"Bush immediately signed the measure. "More resources will be needed as we work to help people get back on their feet[/b] ," he said. Bush also issued an executive order on Thursday allowing federal contractors rebuilding in the aftermath of the hurricane to pay below the prevailing wage[/b] , drawing rebukes from two congressional Democrats who said stricken families need good wages to rebuild their lives. "First of all, those should be local contractors rebuilding and second, what the f*ck is "below prevailing wage"? This guy does not have a clue what communities or people need.I wish I lived somewhere else. Got any room K?SONIC

Comments

• I wish I lived somewhere else. Got any room K?

Could it be that the Candians have really been BOOT IT BOOT IT all along?

• drawing rebukes from two[/b] congressional Democrats who said stricken families need good wages to rebuild their lives. "

Glad to see the Democrats really stepping up for the poor.

• Options

I wish I lived somewhere else. Got any room K?

SONIC

Only at the beach house

K in Canada.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Don't it get cold up there, Kev?

Oh and also, on another note, I will fuck a motherfucker UP.

• Options
    Thermometer says 26 degrees celcius (78.80000000000001 F) slight breeze from the south - perfect from my perspective. It does get colder here in October and through the winter, but nothing different from Northern States such as Michigan, New York, Ohio, Wisconsin, North Dakota, Washington, etc.

K.

• last Katrina/NOLA post by me ever, this shits making me crazy. Found this at the bottom of an AP story:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050909/ts_nm/katrina_wrap_dc

"Bush immediately signed the measure. "More resources will be needed as we work to help people get back on their feet[/b] ," he said.

Bush also issued an executive order on Thursday allowing federal contractors rebuilding in the aftermath of the hurricane to pay below the prevailing wage[/b] , drawing rebukes from two congressional Democrats who said stricken families need good wages to rebuild their lives. "

First of all, those should be local contractors rebuilding and second, what the f*ck is "below prevailing wage"? This guy does not have a clue what communities or people need.

SONIC

So basically the Halliburton's of the world get to keep charging the same mad money, but they can pay their workers less??? How do these guys walk around with such huge elephant balls in their pants????

VOTE REPUBLICAN!!![/b]

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    last Katrina/NOLA post by me ever, this shits making me crazy. Found this at the bottom of an AP story:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050909/ts_nm/katrina_wrap_dc

"Bush immediately signed the measure. "More resources will be needed as we work to help people get back on their feet[/b] ," he said.

Bush also issued an executive order on Thursday allowing federal contractors rebuilding in the aftermath of the hurricane to pay below the prevailing wage[/b] , drawing rebukes from two congressional Democrats who said stricken families need good wages to rebuild their lives. "

First of all, those should be local contractors rebuilding and second, what the f*ck is "below prevailing wage"? This guy does not have a clue what communities or people need.

SONIC

So basically the Halliburton's of the world get to keep charging the same mad money, but they can pay their workers less???

You guys all know Haliburton is doing (at least some of) the rebuilding, right?

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/business/3335685

I also heard today that those $2000 debit cards have been suspended in favor of checks and something else I can't quite remember. I saw it on TV before I went to bed.

Oh yeah, and FUCK these fools.

WHAT IS IT GONNA TAKE TO STAY AWAKE?