20 LARGE FAM (We Did It)

2»

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    We can still do six figures.

HELL JEAH! Six figures, mane, let's go. I got more heat rocks to drop if nukkas still got somethin' to spend on 'em. It's only records, it's only money- both come and go. Throw your hat in the ring if you're down to continue. LET'S DO THIS.

HELL YES...

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Sept. 9, 2005

10:25am EST

Contributions: 216 [/b]

Total: $20,794.47 [/b]

w/ 3:1 match: $83,177.88 [/b]

Everyone with company matching contributions (and the details of how it works) please report to the "Company Matching" thread, 'cause we just blew the doors off deepstank's foundation.

Thank you,

Eric

I am not surprised in the least (I have more faith than George Michael, fuckers!).

But let's keep it moving. There's more work to be done and I've got more love to give.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    We can still do six figures.

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout, dawg! We're almost there, and there's still a bunch of auctions going on. Once we get the next dollar matching jernt set up, we're just a hop, skip, and jump from six figures and beyond.

I was taught back in the day when I first started doing "charity"-type stuff that it's OK to feel a little proud about it, but mostly you should just feel like you did what you're supposed to do as a human being. Well, I like that sentiment, but fuck it--I'm crazy proud of this and of everybody on here who bought, sold, bid, cheerled, whatever. Lots of message boards pay lip service to the whole "online community" thing, but the way everybody put aside their own shit and instantly took to the Heatrocks in such solidarity shows there really is a community here--and a damn fine one at that.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I've got some more SERIOUS heatrocks and some celebrity heatrocks on the way.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    I've got some hip-hop gems to throw up but I'm kinda waiting for people to re-up. There's a bunch of gems on there right now with some low-ass bids ("Unwing Yourself" and "Last Night Changed it All" 45s for HELLA CHEAP?!). Re-up dudes and let's do this.

-e

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    deepstank calmly walks through security, and proceeds to gate 2C. The intercom sqawks "Flight 132, JFK to Belize, boarding all rows." As he settles into his seat, he remarks to himself, "Aaaaah, first class. Can't beat it."

Can we get a picture of Bam, DSF, RAJ, Asprin, and Guzzo holding a big check made out to the Red Cross or something? Hah.

• i got more heatrocks to donate, lets do this, 6 figures 6 figures 6 figures!!
    i got some set sails too i could rig up.

• Sept. 9, 2005
    10:25am EST

Contributions: 216 [/b]
    Total: $20,794.47 [/b]
    w/ 3:1 match: $83,177.88 [/b]

This is amazing - really proud of everything soulstrut did around this.

And, as much as it hurts (which is part of the point, right?), there is still money available to be donated on my part. Gettting records in exchange helps ease the pain and knowing it is going to help other eases it even more.

I think it is really great that all these efforts are being undertaken by smaller communities. I was at a clothing/toiletries donation drive last night and couldn't believe how much stuff was brought by such a small crowd. There were literal mounds of piled up bags with donations crowding half a block. They had to go rent a second industrial size truck after seeing all the donations.

for real.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I've got some more SERIOUS heatrocks and some celebrity heatrocks on the way.

Ditto. I can't front It's tough to let go of albums you've worked so hard to collect, but really though what good are they doing me sitting on a shelf when there are those that don't even got shelves (or a roof).

Also I encourage any of you who know serious collectors who aren't on soulstrut to please tell them about what we are doing.

Bambouche:[/b] this is your baby here and I need to know how long you plan on having your baby run for. I got some other (potentially) big things in the works but I dn't want to set them in motion without having some idea of what my time perameters are

I AM SO INCREDIBLY PROUD OF EVERYONE ON THIS SITE RIGHT NOW![/b]

• Found out about this while I was on vacation...Just got back and I'll be putting some raers up for auction...This is such a good look.......

• BIG UP to everyone- administrators, bidders, everyone who let one go...this is huge! but not ...lets take it to the

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    Hi all im new 2 the boards, this is my 1st post!

I jus wanna commend u all on a job well done. From an outside spectators view i was really impressed with what u lot did & u should all feel pretty damn proud of ureselves. I would have bid myself except 4 a lack of cash.

I look 4ward 2 shootin the shit with u all in future...although i know next to nothing.

• I told my parents about this auction. They'd never heard of Soulstrut before and probably have no idea how the whole messageboard community thing works, but when I told them about the money we raised they were just gushing.

I'm beyond proud of each and every one of us involved in this project.

Thank you.

Thank you.

Thank you.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I think we need a new target and some mroe 3:1 matching funds. So far it looks like we got a little 2:1 money. Once we get that squared, we should set another target. 110k would be a nice figure. Then I suggest that we give everyone a week to reload. Maybe keep a few heatrocks out and some set sails to keep the momentum. After that we hit the shit hard again. I got way more rocks in the chest and set sails coming Monday. ALL THE WAY TO 110K, STRUTTERS!!!!!!!

• We can still do six figures.

Do you mean with a match? Or $100,000 on our part?
    (Ouch!)

Everyone please report to the TAPPED OUT thread and let us know where you are and shit...

• Contributions: 243 [/b]
    Total: $23,726.47 [/b]

I got a payment of $111 from someone with "economy" in their email address, with the note "Moss / Face on SS" -- If this is for an auction, I couldn't find it.

Plaese to help.
    Eric

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    its for Raj's auction about putting your face on the front page.