Hip Hop Artist Discography: Saafir

2»

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Word, I mean you don't have to be Robo-Rapper Metaphor Rakim 3000 but I mean dam, that dude was pretty bad. The dude coudn't even stay in the pocket when he rhymed. Pretty much any Visionaries stuff is terrible. I don't even check for that shit.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    CMON MAN LMNO IS HOOOOAARRRRD!!!

Actually there was an old LMNO record I liked because he was kicking rhymes about "don't go to school" or something like that, and being the 1.98 GPA student I was in High School I was like "ROIGHT ON! DAWG!".

Put it this way, "Blessings" had a dope beat.

• what up y'all talklin about the visionaries in here? shit is classic, thems my dudes

you're not identical to LMNO / that's safe like travel in a volvo

it's cool because those two like half indian pygmy dudes are the same person i think

• OneSoulOneSoul 206 Posts
    Actually there was an old LMNO record I liked because he was kicking rhymes about "don't go to school" or something like that, and being the 1.98 GPA student I was in High School I was like "ROIGHT ON! DAWG!".

Blessings was cool, LMNO had one joint on a battle axe comp, about skateboarding that I thought was dope. There is also some promo only clear vinyl 7" that LRG put out with LMNO and Key Kool rapping about LRG clothes

but luckily it has an instrumental on the flip, the beat by Rhettmatic

-B-

• Nobody's gonna mention Saafir's verse on the B.U.M.S. "Rain" from the "Take A Look Around" 12"?

"My fluid is holy, solely for the folies...."

Nobody's gonna mention Saafir's verse on the B.U.M.S. "Rain" from the "Take A Look Around" 12"?

"My fluid is holy, solely for the folies...."

DAMIT! I guess Tuesday is "Hip-Hop nerds slipping" day on Soulstrut.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    I just got that 12, will listen for further inspection upon returning to the abode.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

ANYONE HAVE A SENDABLE VERSION OF THE CASUAL/SAAFIR BATTLE??????????

Is O-Dub in the place??? He used to have a line on a video version of the battle. Come to think of it I'd like to peep that myself.

Saafir To Tajai: The fresh prince of Bel Air with a slang dictionary/you used to play pictionary with mom and dad/You grew up with kids named Buffy and Brad/you used to talk like "that's rad let's go surfing."

Tajai's reponse (paraphrased): Uhhhh...you used to tell me how you used to like to hit women...dude, that's disgusting.

Pure comedy.

• That tape is completely unlistenable, musically.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts

Remember the Circle of Power[/b] joint "Lowlife" w/ LMNO from '94?

How 'bout hobo junction[/b] "the Cleaners" that was awright.

Is O-Dub in the place??? He used to have a line on a video version of the battle. Come to think of it I'd like to peep that myself.

Saafir To Tajai: The fresh prince of Bel Air with a slang dictionary/you used to play pictionary with mom and dad/You grew up with kids named Buffy and Brad/you used to talk like "that's rad let's go surfing."

Tajai's reponse (paraphrased): Uhhhh...you used to tell me how you used to like to hit women...dude, that's disgusting.

Pure comedy.

FRAP FRESHER!

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Pure comedy.

FRAP FRESHER!

Either you are rapping faster than the beat,
    Or the beat is going faster than the... uhhhhh, goddamn it I'm sweet.

Pure comedy.

FRAP FRESHER!

goddamn it I'm sweet.

AYYY YOOOO! [/b]

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts
    If you really want to talk underrated/slept-on, please allow me to introduce you to "The Cleaners" LP by Hobo Junction.

Some hot joints on there, but aside from Eye-Que (and Saafir obviously), I could never really get with the other Hobos 100%.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    "Piss Colored Gumbi" Hahahaha

Wasnt he on a Digital Underground song?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    "Piss Colored Gumbi" Hahahaha

Wasnt he on a Digital Underground song?

He was on a few songs off The Body-Hat Syndrome.

• What pre-"boxcar session" tracks are there with Saafir?

I need more info about this!!!
    > "Runnin from 5-0" off of the late Plan B's "Quest 4 Survival" 12".
    What label/year? etc. I need to track it down
    Or if anyone has an extra copy for trade, let me know.

I'll upload these when I get the chance:
    - the two "Crawl Before You Ball" 12"s
    - a few Golden state warriors tracks
    - Digital Underground "No nose job" 12"
    - BUMS "Take A Look Around / Rain" 12"
    - Ras Kass, Ahmad, Saafir "Come widdit" 12"

I think there might be some Hobo/Hieroglyphics freestyles/battles on the Wake Up Show albums.... I'll check later...

[email]Alex@labelscans.com[/email]
    www.labelscans.com

Hip-Hop's VINYL EAVEN
    http://web.telia.com/~u87601262/

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    1) I need "Running From 5-0". Why the fuck has no one bootlegged that shit yet? I'm saying. You can hear it on the "Golden State of Mind" Mix-CD by DJ Serg from a few years back. He gave his copy to Riddim though - amazing. Just GAVE IT AWAY.

2) JP - I had a copy of "Rock the Show" on white label, no one wanted it! I traded it back to Riddim. He might still have it.

3) I don't have a video version of the battle. I do have the entire thing on CD. I briefly contemplated booting it and then realized that I'd be asking for a beatdown from all the artists involved so I've quietly been making dubs for friends and that's about it. If people want one, hit me up on email (not PM) and I'll see what I can do.

[email]oliverwang@earthlink.net[/email]