Songs

schnipperschnipper 528 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
Young Jeezy + Jay-Z - Go CrazyThis is like the best song I've ever heard. I was driving home from New Haven in my Grama's car a few weeks ago, stuck in traffic outside of Middletown, listening to the radio and dude is like "I'm emotional I hug the block I'm emotional I love my glock" and I was thinking about being in summer camp in 5-7th grade when you get the shoot 22s and getting emotional about it, too. I used to be really good, I had a sharpshooter certificate from the NRA. I probably have some targets with the bullseyes shot out somewhere around at my parents' house. I really like when the beat drops out and Jay goes "got the whole world drinking gold bottles." I don't like the mix with Fat Joe too much. I also got this 12" and it's different than the version I have on the computer and that kind of made me sad. Itunes tells me I have listened to this song 81 times. Juan Maclean - Dance With MeHe kind of looks like a bald Jeremy Piven in that photo. I saw Juan play at Making Time in Philadelphia a few months ago before I went to Hollertronix and got extremely drunk. I remember the end of the night Stay Fly came on, I don't even think it was out on 12" yet and I was so drunk and sitting down on a speaker or something and I was not getting up to dance so I just sat down and danced. I picked my feet up and moved them around and was like "Yes!" and then my arms like "huzzah" and it was kind of all right. I puked so much after that. This Juan Maclean song rules. I drove up to Vermont with my parents two weeks ago because I have a twin sister who lives up there and it was our birthday and she got dumped and wanted to hang out for our birthday. So we went. We listened to this CD and my parents really liked it. This song, the last song, has some not so vague innuendo that is kind of like when you watch a movie with an unexpected sex scene with your mom and you're like hmm what's that I don't know anything about that, both of you are like that. I remember, God I cannot remember how old I was, 2nd grad maybe, asking my babysitter what "orgasm" meant beacuse they used the word in Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead and she told me she didn't know. She had to be in high school. I believed her. My dad told me he watched Leaving Las Vegas with his mother in law and said it was painful and neither of them said anything the entire time. This song is really good and fifteen minutes long. Fall Out Boy - Sugar We're Going Down I downloaded this this morning and listened to it five times. I feel like a terrible person. I looked up the lyrics to the chorus because I can never understand what he is saying and apparently he says "a loaded God complex, cock it and pull it." !!!!!! What do you say to that. "A pile of crap, throw away your guitars don't rock out with your cock out, dude" that would be my Weird Al lyrics back to them. Except I love this song, it's like the best song I've ever heard aside from the Young Jeezy song! Have you seen the video with the deerboy? It's tragic! They are all so ugly and they seriously gave the drummer like a total makeover for this video because I saw them on the Video Music Awards and he looks hideous. I'll be your number one with a bullet! Number one fan with a bullet! I am going to a weird hell that is all tweens with pimples

Comments

• ..more please!

• ..more please!

Unfortunately those are the only songs I've ever heard
    jk

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    I remember the end of the night Stay Fly came on, I don't even think it was out on 12" yet and I was so drunk and sitting down on a speaker or something and I was not getting up to dance so I just sat down and danced. I picked my feet up and moved them around and was like "Yes!" and then my arms like "huzzah" and it was kind of all right. I puked so much after that.

So real.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    My old friend produced "Go Crazy." I was listening to it last night in the car, after checking out my man Fred and was like "Oh shit, this Don's song." So I hit him on the text message and was like "Holler" and he was like "Holler" and shit was dope. He's coming up next Thursday so we're fin to link.

• Cosmo tell your friend Don that short dudes in suburban Connecticut think he is cool

• Chris Brown f/Juelz Santana - Run It

This is some shit no one cares about, just saw the video and it didn't strike me at all except for two things 1. The end when the janitors come in and are like this is dumb and then the beat comes back in and they start dancing again. 2. When Juelz is like "make like Ying Yang Twins/Wait 'til you see my AYE" and then he says it again. Weird. This shit is terrible, maybe crunk and B shouldn't have gone past Yeah and Ciara, even she is keeping mad far away from that shit (does anyone kind of like her vocal part in that Bow Wow song? It's kind of tight). But really you know someone is not important at all when you look for them on Google and Google images and you get just nothing. Dude is apparently, according to Jive's web site (which plays Trapped in the Closet as soon as you get to it) dude is 16. When I was sixteen (seven years ago) I got my learner's permit for driving. I failed my test the first time and it was six months after that that I got my license. Right now there is the same amount of time between me now and me sixteen as me now and me thirty. Which is terrible

Ricky Rabbit - Your Mouth

My man on the left did this. Man on the right will eventually rap over it. He does all this shit without filters and slows everything down manually, it sounds weird. But the bass is just gigantic. Sounds like a bass drum and snare with reverb with this real crystaline sprinkling over the top. Dude on left played this for me at a friend's house and the neighbor came over and was like "stop that" which is usually not a bad sign. Did the same thing at the same house first time I heard Sea Drum. You know, this has tremendous potential to not be my thing, but you listen to that MP3 on a loop it has this little chopped vocal introduction and it sounds just like a lull in the song where you get a small respite and then bass drum and tinkles. Anyway I ike this song which means I guess I don't have much to say about about it, but found myself listening to it a bunch yesterday. Maybe also it's worth noting that it's rarely that I have seen Nick sober but I guess he manages to go to graduate school for architecture. And I think Richard Dryfuss was subleting a room in his basement when he was in Takoma Park, MD (home of John Fahey) shooting a movie. Last time I was in New York I saw Richard Dryfuss on the street holding a bouquet of flowers. His hair was this really nice bone blonde. He was talking to a woman who is was clear the flowers were not for.

• NIVEA - OKAY

When this shit came out I listened to it like forty times a day. Then I saw the video and was like Okay okay and I would do the little dance the same way Nivea did it at the nail place. I ruled. I hadn't listened to this song in a long time so I downloaded it today and was reminded that she says "two stepping in my coochie." Honestly, I'm not sure that's exactly what she says, but I'm pretty sure. Either way, that's kind of wild.

• NIVEA - OKAY

I hadn't listened to this song in a long time so I downloaded it today and was reminded that she says "two stepping in my coochie." Honestly, I'm not sure that's exactly what she says, but I'm pretty sure. Either way, that's kind of wild.

That is exactly what she says. I like this song too, but unfortunately I don't have an amusing personal anecdote to add, which are really what make your reviews so entertaining, thanks!

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    i spy Neal

• ESG AND LIL FLIP - REALIST RHYMIN'

The best song I've ever heard? Probably. This is like new age rap. I bought this at CD Game Exchange for a dollar a year or more ago and don't think I've listened to the entire CD too much but I wore out the encoding for this song. Not literally, though. It has that John Tesh thing happening sounds like a weird invention that meshes guitars keyboards and vibes and it comes in and out of the song on some Ray Charles blind head back and forth kind of thing. You know all lazy like like dude'll make it back to center but let it just kind of relax on the right shoulder for a minute, you know? Like that. God I played this for my friend who immediately went and bought another copy at CD Game Exchange for two fifty. I was thinking about this song because I am scheming to go see ESG on Thursday night. I have to go to New York on Friday so I think I can make it happen but logistics are rough! But that's some Jew shit I got going on I am sure ESG wouldn't care if I was there or not. Anyway, I was like man I wonder if there is some way to hear this song and then I was like, seriously I was brushing my teeth last night with my electric toothbrush last night thinking this, well I guess he can't do this song because Flip won't be there and FLip's verse is so good (IN MY MOUTH DIAMONDS GLARING WEARING NOTHING BUT DONNA KAREN) but then I was like shit I could do FLip's verse and then I did it in my head because my dogs were sleeping but messed up around then end when he's talking for like the thirtieth time about his yacht or whatever and I realized I probably couldn't do his part.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    schnipper i usually appreciate your taste but fall out boy is tERRIBLE and it scares me that you like it

but i've had the kelly clarkson song stuck in my head all week so i may not be qualified to speak on that

• but i've had the kelly clarkson song stuck in my head all week so i may not be qualified to speak on that

Which one

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    since you've been gone

• Sick song. Behind these Hazel Eyes is what's up, too, though

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    since you've been gone

That's a good song.

Schnipper, have you heard Rasheeda's version of Juvie's 'Slow Motion' featuring Nivea? It has a different title, 'You Like it like That'. That song is dirrrrty dirrrty DIRTY. But I love that slow drag beat.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

NIVEA - OKAY

When this shit came out I listened to it like forty times a day. Then I saw the video and was like Okay okay and I would do the little dance the same way Nivea did it at the nail place. I ruled. I hadn't listened to this song in a long time so I downloaded it today and was reminded that she says "two stepping in my coochie." Honestly, I'm not sure that's exactly what she says, but I'm pretty sure. Either way, that's kind of wild.

two steppin in my coochie - is a bit of weird imagery unless there is some super-specific regional slang i'm not getting. two-steppin is not very good or inspired dancing, just moving side to side. for the dude to be two-steppin in her coochie i guess is him being a bit of a dork but still trying to hit it? uh, poetic/lyrical license?

i like this song a lot still. her name makes me think of my mom's face cream.