lush brasilian joints.

kilogramkilogram 152 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
if i list of some of my favourite albums from brasil, could you recommend some more that you'd think i like? i guess these are all kind of lush, more on the mellow side, nice melodies and vocals type shit. electronics are a bonus.tamba trio - can't remember the name, my cover has an airplane but there's another version with robots from 74ishazimuth - s/t arthur verocaimilton nascimento - clube de esquinalmarcos valle - provisao de tempolo borges - the one with the shoes on the covertim maia - racional 1 & 2 (i think i'm the only one in the world who actually likes vol 1 more than 2)quarteto em cy - s/t (tudo que voce... has to be one of my favourite songs ever)opa - back home (holy holy shit, i almost flipped out when i heard this, previously unreleased demos, not from brasil. actually, can anyone reccomend any brazilian/south american jazz fusion?)thanks in advance.

Comments

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Do you have my Ana Mazzotti re-ish, k?

• kilogramkilogram 152 Posts
    yup.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    if i list of some of my favourite albums from brasil, could you recommend some more that you'd think i like? i guess these are all kind of lush, more on the mellow side, nice melodies and vocals type shit. electronics are a bonus.

tamba trio - can't remember the name, my cover has an airplane but there's another version with robots from 74ish
    azimuth - s/t
    arthur verocai
    milton nascimento - clube de esquinal
    marcos valle - provisao de tempo
    lo borges - the one with the shoes on the cover
    tim maia - racional 1 & 2 (i think i'm the only one in the world who actually likes vol 1 more than 2)
    quarteto em cy - s/t (tudo que voce... has to be one of my favourite songs ever)
    opa - back home (holy holy shit, i almost flipped out when i heard this, previously unreleased demos, not from brasil. actually, can anyone reccomend any brazilian/south american jazz fusion?)

thanks in advance.

Do you like Randy Masters and Solar Plexus?

Dan

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I am listening to Milton Nascimento - Travesia right now. Incredible.

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts

a nice teaser for ya....

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    off the top of my head- i can think of a couple cheapies (relatively speaking of course) that are just great.

Lo Borges - s/t on Odeon
    Edu Lobo - s/t on Odeon from '73
    Djavan's first LP

and not so cheap:
    that Orlandivo LP

that Orlandivo LP

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts

that Orlandivo LP

this one?

if so there is like only one good track on that

Actually, the "Onde Anda O Meu Amor" track is what I should have commented on that melts the face. That's my jam right there.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

that Orlandivo LP

this one?

if so there is like only one good track on that

i highly disagree.

i think the whole album is solid through with plenty of deep cuts. IMO it's an excellent album. Have you heard the whole thing?

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    that record totally sucks, nothing to see, move along please

• slushslush 691 Posts
    cool the bi-weekly brazil thread is here

this fortnight-

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    I never liked too much of Rita Lee??s joints, but I really dug this one when I listened to it for the first time.
    Soooo good...

Peace

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    huge orlandivo fan here............dude's jawline is ROCK SOLID.

I like his earlier stuff too w/ ed lincoln. And there's an earlier version of "Onde Anda O Meu Amor" on one of his early lps. The 77 one has been comp'ed to death though, still a great song.

• "transamazonica" is hands down THE best brasilian jazz-funk-fusion track of all time.

I also would include Luiz Eca e Familia Sagrada, Gay Vaquer, and Grupo Arembepe in that company...

• I've been listening to this for about a year and still love it:

I find it really relaxing when I'm stressed out. It's not really funky at all..just nice. Only have it mp3 unfortunately though.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Joyce "Feminina" buy it without hesitation

• slavinslavin 577 Posts

armina n??2

• kilogramkilogram 152 Posts

Do you like Randy Masters and Solar Plexus?

Dan

will check. thanks for the tips.
    they used to have jawline dude on the wall at cosmos in toronto for a few hundred not including the tracksuit.

• Os Brazoes- s/t
    marcos valle- vento sul
    Nelson Angelo & Joyce