Bush to lead inquiry into Katrina

girgir 329 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
US President George W Bush says he will lead an investigation into how the Hurricane Katrina disaster was handled."I'm going to find out over time what went right and what went wrong," he said inreply to criticism that the authorities were too slow to respond.The US Senate is to hold two inquiries of its own into the disaster which hit the Gulf Coast and New Orleans.New Orleans' last residents are being urged to leave the swamped city as fires add to the hazards there.The city's Times-Picayune newspaper has demanded the sacking of top officials at the US Federal Emergency Management Agency (Fema).One allegation levelled at Fema is that at the height of the crisis it turned away water and diesel because of bureaucracy. source = http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4220246.stm

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    independent audit plz thx

• Choice A:

Let's allow the group responsible for the mistakes to "investigate" "somewhere down the road" and write a " full report" regarding all "findings".

Choice B:

We could just ask Bush and his Staff why they made mistakes and avoid looking even dumber to the world. There are obviously faults on non-federal levels, but in regards to immediate response failures, it's on the Administrations shoulders.

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    He has to act quickly on this - not only is he and his administration under fire from the Democrats, but members of the Republican party such as Bill Frist are callin' for an investigation - 2 factors are decidedly @ work here: next year's senatorial election and preservin' his self-deluded legacy of compassionate conservatism - leaden-footed doesn't even begin to come close to describe the delayed reaction/response...

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    "I'm going to find out over time what went right and what went wrong," he said in
    reply to criticism that the authorities were too slow to respond.

"I will be asking OJ Simpson to take time off from looking for the real killer to help me get to the bottom of this."

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    He has to act quickly on this people's lives are at stake[/b]

Oops. my bad.

• "I'm going to find out over time what went right and what went wrong," he said in

"I will be asking OJ Simpson to take time off from looking for the real killer to help me get to the bottom of this."

• "I'm going to find out over time what went right and what went wrong," he said in

It's hard work.

I had the exact same thought, only you said it funnier than I thought it. And faster.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

"Take it from me, George, if you appoint yourself head of the search committee/investigation your bound to come to the right conclusions."

• FOX TO INVESTIGATE HEN-HOUSE BREAK-IN...[/b]