O.C. "Word...Life" 2xLP Reissue???

MikeZeroMikeZero 215 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
OK, maybe I should know better, but I found this today and it has a different cover than my CD. I'm thinking that I've seen it before as a single LP (with the same cover as the CD). This is a double LP with the cover saying "DJ Special Double Vinyl". Has the normal Wild Pitch labels and has a WP postcard. Is this a reissue?

Comments

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    yes reissue, came oot around 97-98.

the original single pressing from my memory, only has a regular sleeve w/ a horizontal sticker at the top. Not a full blown cover. I could be wrong....

• Thanks for the info. Is it official? I know Wild Pitch is no more. Do you know if it's been reissued again on vinyl more recently as a bootleg or on a different label?

• Thanks for the info. Is it official? I know Wild Pitch is no more. Do you know if it's been reissued again on vinyl more recently as a bootleg or on a different label?

yes, "ReIssue" records have recently pressed it as a 2LP, theres also a 2LP Jap issue pressed in conjunction with "Mary Joy Records" and a janky UK 2LP bootleg of the one in your photo....

peace

RD

• Thanks RD...that's very helpful. So, I guess that just leaves the most important question: is my Wild Pitch 2xLP pressing worth anything?

• Thanks RD...that's very helpful. So, I guess that just leaves the most important question: is my Wild Pitch 2xLP pressing worth anything?

i have the same record, id say its worth about 20-30 bucks to ME. not sure about anyone else. how much is it worth to you????

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    yes reissue, came oot around 97-98.

the original single pressing from my memory, only has a regular sleeve w/ a horizontal sticker at the top. Not a full blown cover. I could be wrong....

You are not. That was Wild Pitch's format at the time for both 12" and LPs.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Thanks RD...that's very helpful. So, I guess that just leaves the most important question: is my Wild Pitch 2xLP pressing worth anything?

i have the same record, id say its worth about 20-30 bucks to ME. not sure about anyone else. how much is it worth to you????

This sometimes fetches some coin from a dude who thinks its OG. The best pressing is the most recent one - taken from the masters, 2 x lp. I hope fat beats/Re-Issue puts out more stuff like this. Heck, even the picture cover wasn't blurry. A quality item.

• this double lp came out quite a while ago. i bought my copy at a store that went out of business in 99.

dave

• dayday 9,611 Posts

The best pressing is the most recent one - taken from the masters, 2 x lp.

Hmmm...does this have anything that was left off the album on it?

Meaty sent me a clip a while ago that was from those sessions that was and I know Serch mentioned they left out alot of shit they recorded for that record.

And speaking of this, can I get a on the OG singel vinyl prease?

This record is so necessarry. Top 20 material (IMO batches, keep your pants on).