ADOBE TO ACQUIRE MACROMEDIA (very NRR)

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    didnt know dudes were worth 3.4 billion
    thats real big

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    adobe is monopolizing. them and sony are going to be going neck to neck. buying syntrillium, sonic foundry. geeeeeeez.

• If only they'd swallow Quark....I wouldn't have to go chasing them around for upgrades anymore...

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    Not sure if they are going to get this by the gov though... I don't know who would be Adobe's competition...

If only they'd swallow Quark....I wouldn't have to go chasing them around for upgrades anymore...

quark has nothing they need. see: inDesign. if they bought out those dudes, it would be solely to eliminate competition. like woah.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    If only they'd swallow Quark....I wouldn't have to go chasing them around for upgrades anymore...

I saw one of these strangle, stab, and run over a Quark software package the other day:

marco knows whatsup

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    marco knows whatsup

At least on the newer quarks you got more than one UNDO

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    adobe needs to step their game up and release audition for macs.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    HUGE Cosign

I've been rocking out on InDesign for a couple years now, by far superior. Despite the output problems and some font collection issues, InDesign kicks major Quark ass. Very user friendly and if you're used to Illustrator/Photoshop, you're already 1/2 way there.

Saying though, I wonder what a Dreamweaver+GoLive package will breed.

Saying though, I wonder what a Flash+AfterEffects package will breed.

marco knows whatsup

Adobe's elimination of PageMaker in OSX in favor of InDesign was a fucking genius powermove. Nobody I knew ever seriously bothered with InDesign before OSX; Quark ruled and PageMaker sucked - why switch to this unknown software that hardly anyone supported? But once Adobe basically forced former PageMaker users to switch to InDesign (and a much improved InDesign, at that) if they wanted to fuck with OSX, it was all over. Quark was the epitome of laurel-resting, assuming they had the industry-standard on lock even though every upgrade of XPress since 3.3 was hardly worth the wait. Now you've got designers realizing how dope InDesign is, and gladly kissing the completely behind-the-times XPress goodbye and good riddance.

• If only they'd swallow Quark....I wouldn't have to go chasing them around for upgrades anymore...

I saw one of these strangle, stab, and run over a Quark software package the other day:

I hate Quark. I just have to do a lot of software purchasing for my job and whenever you need upgrades you have to go directly through Quark and they make it unbelievably difficult.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    I hope Adobe's corporate culture doesn't ruin the Macromedia culture. Adobe as a company is very bland and strict, kind of odd for a design based company. People that work there are pretty much always pissed off from what I hear. Macromedia is just about the exact opposite. We shall see...

DJ Ferrari

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts

since all of you are afraid to ask it...

WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN TO FREEHAND???

and yeah, they still need gov aproval on this.

WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN TO FREEHAND???

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Damn, hope they don't eliminate the finer Macromedia programs though..

Golive can't f-k with Dreamweaver and Flash (even though I don't know it that well) is a beast from what I've seen

I won't miss Freehand and Fireworks though

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    marco knows whatsup

Adobe's elimination of PageMaker in OSX in favor of InDesign was a fucking genius powermove. Nobody I knew ever seriously bothered with InDesign before OSX; Quark ruled and PageMaker sucked - why switch to this unknown software that hardly anyone supported? But once Adobe basically forced former PageMaker users to switch to InDesign (and a much improved InDesign, at that) if they wanted to fuck with OSX, it was all over. Quark was the epitome of laurel-resting, assuming they had the industry-standard on lock even though every upgrade of XPress since 3.3 was hardly worth the wait. Now you've got designers realizing how dope InDesign is, and gladly kissing the completely behind-the-times XPress goodbye and good riddance.

yeah, and top that with the fact that it took like what? 5 months for Quark to release an OSX version when OSX first dropped.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Photoshop = the next Internet Explorer of graphic design.

Where's my PhotoFirefox?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    I love my new InDesign!