Good Music (payczechrelated)

OlskiOlski 355 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
How are things at our favourite record store, Jonny?Please update us with pics + gossip!

Comments

• Hey man I'm chillin. No extra pics right now... Mancuso was in a couple weeks ago but he was in a crazed rush. Of course, it should be self-explanatory why I didn't jump to flick Hell Rell

There is some serious heatery here that would fly out of other shops or on ebay! So I guess that is a blessing for those just discovering us or planning to head here on a trip.

3 Things I've sold/traded that I won't get back for quite a while:

Tribesman Assault - OG NY press with b/w jacket
    Teruo Nakamura - Unicorn OG on 3BM
    Aura - S/T out of SF.

I've met a lot of soulstrut dudes who have come and paid us a visit, and more will come.

I have a gang of new "I hate customers like this" stories... this def takes patience and tolerance... Most cats are chill but sometimes I seriously question the level of intelligence of folks who collect. I get so many people who just act stupid... like they go through the entire soul section record by record, but then they don't check the new arrivals (clearly marked). Or pull out mint 12"s like "Heartbeat" or "Love Is The Message", and spend several minutes at the listening station with them... like, do you seriously not know what these songs sound like? One guy would look at one record, then flip past another 30 records at once, then look at what he had flipped to... almost like shopping at random. lol. Several "hey would you sell this $200 record for $50?" experiences, and my fair share of crackheads, moldy, crappy collections, etc. Way more female customers than I thought.

I am buying fucking follish Cali rap records because folls out here don't care.