T-SHIRTSTRUT revisited

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
The "shirtstrut" thread from a few weeks ago inspired me to try my hand at creating a few t-shirts of my own that I thought I would share, since this is where I got the idea from. I never knew how easy it is to make these things! I'm gonna get crazy with this in a minute... might have to get rid of some throwbacks to make room for all the custom tees I'm gonna be having soon. Anyway, check the flavors- old school flyer #1 Hulk cover art by Steranko Bambaataa "Death Mix" label Bob James Two (do you think some people may see this shirt and think I'm if they're not familiar with the record cover? I hope not, but really am not too concerned if they do... I am always prepared to knuckle up if need be) Bob James One (had to do this one too- so much more masculine) Cold Crush Brothers flyer, 1982 My personal favorite... some young white chicks were jocking my old black ass when I wore this the other day Gotta represent the foundation And last but not least, my hero, leader and personal lord & savior...I gotta come up with some more ideas... this t-shirt shit is so fun!!!

Comments

• DJAckDJAck 255 Posts
    those bob james joints...

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    the WOB shirt is the JUMP OFF

phill, did you just use dark color shirt iron ons?

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

My personal favorite...

i made a couple T-shirts that other folks liked in the past...but i don't have a camera

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    the WOB shirt is the JUMP OFF

I WANT ONE

• Phill, those shirts are raw.

As I said in the Heatrock request page, if anyone makes a hot "Free Pimp C" or Jabbor shirt, I have dollars for the cause.

• I want one! (if only to have young black girls make fun of me )

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Put that Bob James "TWO" on a Black T and ill cop it w/ the quickness.

• mad lads is dope!
    reminds me of the lil kids chilling in the stark reality gatefold... i always wanted to hook that up front/back

bobjames2

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    nice, are u using iron transfers?

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

U could put up one of those shirts as a heatrock! They're really nice!

• You use those print out things, right? I made a few in my lifetime. Some straight messed up because they have been in the washer too many times. I will post pics now. I know you snatches are gonna say something about the first one but oh well these are all at least 3 years old. I have another one that I can't find. I think they started using it as a rag after a while.

• snatches

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    hasnt somebody already made those two bob james shirts? they look really nice but oh-so familiar...

either way theyre great

yeah, what did you use to make these?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    if this is all that easy I'ma be steppin my t-shirt game up something serious in the coming months.

threadless is fucking great

I still like this one:

I call it "irony's curtain call."

man i havent made anything in months. this thread makes me wanna make some shit.

thanks!

I still like this one:

haha, the message is funny, but i cant see anybody seriously wearing that...and if i did i think theyd look pretty damn stupid...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I still like this one:

haha, the message is funny, but i cant see anybody seriously wearing that...and if i did i think theyd look pretty damn stupid...

I'm careful who I wear it around.

it's really only funny in a room full of people wearing $2 shirts and $100 shoes.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

And last but not least, my hero, leader and personal lord & savior...

I gotta come up with some more ideas... this t-shirt shit is so fun!!!

You should put a picture of yourself on a shirt mean mugging with this caption below: "Phill Stroman doesn't care about wack people"

h

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Heatrock these biatches!!!

I'll send VanguardSquad $40 and you $20 for expenses/shipping for a Mad Lads and a Kanye in XL!!

• You use those print out things, right? I made a few in my lifetime. Some straight messed up because they have been in the washer too many times. I will post pics now. I know you snatches are gonna say something about the first one but oh well these are all at least 3 years old. I have another one that I can't find. I think they started using it as a rag after a while.

the KMD tee is rad. i have a bumper sticker. but, like the tee, can't really rock that image as a white guy. people might get the wrong idea.

and peep here for some off-color hurricaine ones: http://www.tshirthell.com/hell.shtml

Shit is whack.

• the WOB shirt is the JUMP OFF

phill, did you just use dark color shirt iron ons?

Yep, I used the Avery dark t-shirt transfers for all except the Kanye- for that one I used similar transfers made by Printworks, which they sell at Best Buys. I'll be doing some official World Of Beats tees soon, professionally silkscreened jawns and not the homemade transfer stylee. I'll put the word out when they're available.

• try not to faint at my beauty

You know what I like about dudes with 'stache/goatee combos? When they shave either part of it they lose all their "tough guy"ness and it makes me feel like li'l ol' me can punk 'em!

Herm

P.S. Moist is gonna have a field day with this one!

P.S.2. What the hell does "field day" mean anyways?!?!

• dayday 9,611 Posts

btw, excuse the delay in replying... I just came to after falling out cold from the sight of the beautiful man pictured above

It's my chinny chin chin fur.

I have to wear a helmet just to keep people from passing out in the street.

• and peep here for some off-color hurricaine ones: http://www.tshirthell.com/hell.shtml

Shit is whack.

If I see somebody wearing one of those tee-shirts they better be as big as Shaq or they might just get their ass beat down real bad. Yes, I am advocating violence- some situations call for it IMO.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Yep, I used the Avery dark t-shirt transfers for all except the Kanye- for that one I used similar transfers made by Printworks, which they sell at Best Buys. I'll be doing some official World Of Beats tees soon, professionally silkscreened jawns and not the homemade transfer stylee. I'll put the word out when they're available.
    Yo, which ones did you like more? I just ordered some dark Averys (fucking light colored ones are awful quality btw.)

the KMD tee is rad. i have a bumper sticker. but, like the tee, can't really rock that image as a white guy. people might get the wrong idea.

and peep here for some off-color hurricaine ones: http://www.tshirthell.com/hell.shtml

Shit is whack.

I know what you mean. I am not black I am Salvadorian and I never really thought anything about the shirt until my mom and sister told me something. I used to wear it to school and no one ever told me anything about it.

Also that site you linked had this nice picture...

• I need that in my life(no homo)

• I need that in my life(no homo)

I had the link to a bunch of old school flyers but AOL fucked up and erased all my favorites links.

• Also that site you linked had this nice picture...

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    BEST "SHIRT" EVAR...