Rap's Worst Drivers (DMXr)

soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
Rapper DMX arrested after car crash involving policeApril 18, 2005, 8:09 AM EDTNEW YORK (AP) Rapper DMX was arrested following an accident on a Bronx expressway that injured three people, including two police officers, police said Monday. DMX, whose real name is Earl Simmons, was driving southbound Friday evening on the Major Deegan Expressway when his car struck a vehicle being driven by an unidentified woman, police said. Her car then hit an unmarked police cruiser carrying two officers. The woman was taken to Lincoln Hospital with minor injuries, while the officers were taken to Columbia-Presbyterian Hospital, also with minor injuries. All three were treated and released. Simmons was not injured. Police said the 34-year-old rapper was given a desk appearance ticket and was expected to appear in court sometime next month. Simmons' lawyer, Murray Richman, was not available for comment, a woman who answered the telelphone at his office said Monday morning. Last June, Simmons was arrested for allegedly smashing his sport utility vehicle into a gate at Kennedy Airport after telling a parking lot attendant he was a federal agent. He later admitted to being on Valium at the time. Simmons pleaded guilty in that case and was sentenced to a conditional discharge, meaning further violations within a year could land him in jail. He also was fined and ordered to forfeit his sport utility vehicle. ------------------------------------------------Involving an unmarked cop car in your 2nd wreck in 11 months = not a good look.Plaese to list the worst drivers in the rap (or music) world.

Comments

• Didn't Flavor Flav have his license suspended some ungodly amount of times?

• numericnumeric 152 Posts
    The D.O.C.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    Didn't Flavor Flav have his license suspended some ungodly amount of times?

for stashing a tec under the seat ?

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Last June, Simmons was arrested for allegedly smashing his sport utility vehicle into a gate at Kennedy Airport after telling a parking lot attendant he was a federal agent. He later admitted to being on Valium at the time.

Simmons pleaded guilty in that case and was sentenced to a conditional discharge[/b], meaning further violations within a year could land him in jail. He also was fined and ordered to forfeit his sport utility vehicle.

Wasn't he also impersonating a federal officer and attempting to carjack some dude? Amazing what people can get away with when they have money.

Edited to say I'm dumb. It says he was impersonating a federal agent in the article. Still, that's amazing that he's not in prison.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    The D.O.C.

that's fucked up...that accident changed his life. who you gonna say next? left eye?

• numericnumeric 152 Posts
    The D.O.C.

that's fucked up...that accident changed his life. who you gonna say next? left eye?

I know. I was as torn up about it as the next guy. Can you imagine what the next record would have sounded like. Oh well.

How bout : Kanye West

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Kanye was in a car accident? Ha ha. How bout Khujo of Goodie Mob? Lost a leg I think...And don't forget Raekwon - did't he total a Lexis at one point?

• Kanye was in a car accident? Ha ha. How bout Khujo of Goodie Mob? Lost a leg I think...And don't forget Raekwon - did't he total a Lexis at one point?

This has turned into the worst thread ever.

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts
    Ras Kass.

• Options
    Didn't Flavor Flav have his license suspended some ungodly amount of times?

Flav got arrested on the Grand Concourse in the Bronx for having a pound of weed under his jacket while riding a bicycle[/b]!!

Another note about Flavor...he is from the next town over from me, Roosevelt. He used to get into his station wagon which had no backseat so that he could fit all his subwoofers in it, dude must have had 15 of them back there. He'd ride over into my town where all the fast food restaurants are on one strip of road, and then go from drivethru to drivethru getting food...he'd hit up McDonalds for a Coke, then head down the block to Wendy's for fries, then across the street to Taco Bell, then over to Burger King, all the while hitting up the drivethrus with his woofers cooking. Later that night all the youths would be comparing Flav sightings.

• Options
    Oh, and he's not a rapper, but Keyshawn Johnson almost hit my work truck with his Range Rover while he was on the Jets. He made the same face as the guy sitting in his little boat fishing and cracking a beer in Caddyshack made when Rodney Dangerfield was bearing down on him, I'll never forget it shit was funny as hell.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Rapper DMX arrested after car crash involving police
    April 18, 2005, 8:09 AM EDT
    NEW YORK (AP)

Rapper DMX was arrested following an accident on a Bronx expressway that injured three people, including two police officers, police said Monday.

DMX, whose real name is Earl Simmons, was driving southbound Friday evening on the Major Deegan Expressway when his car struck a vehicle being driven by an unidentified woman, police said. Her car then hit an unmarked police cruiser carrying two officers.

The woman was taken to Lincoln Hospital with minor injuries, while the officers were taken to Columbia-Presbyterian Hospital, also with minor injuries. All three were treated and released.
    Simmons was not injured.

Police said the 34-year-old rapper was given a desk appearance ticket and was expected to appear in court sometime next month. Simmons' lawyer, Murray Richman, was not available for comment, a woman who answered the telelphone at his office said Monday morning.

Last June, Simmons was arrested for allegedly smashing his sport utility vehicle into a gate at Kennedy Airport after telling a parking lot attendant he was a federal agent. He later admitted to being on Valium at the time.

Simmons pleaded guilty in that case and was sentenced to a conditional discharge, meaning further violations within a year could land him in jail. He also was fined and ordered to forfeit his sport utility vehicle.

------------------------------------------------

Involving an unmarked cop car in your 2nd wreck in 11 months = not a good look.

Plaese to list the worst drivers in the rap (or music) world.

Remember that Sum 41 video where DMX was driving the ATV through the dude's house?

Art imatating life?

Not to thread jack, but who here likes Sum 41?

Peace

h

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

I'd like to know why Valium is DMX's drug of choice.